v. RUN LIKE HELL

RUN LIKE HELL!( the sauna test )

RUN LIKE HELL!
( the sauna test )

        Ben woke up gasping for air, coughing painfully, his chest constricting and his stomach tightening. He felt off, but at the same time he didn't feel much different. He wasn't tied up anymore, but he was still in the warehouse. Ben still felt very weak, but he managed to scramble to his feet. His vision was going in and out of focus and he tried to scramble to the nearest exit.

        "Good, you're awake." His voice echoed in his head, making Ben freeze and his heart drop. Ben exhaled shakily and squeezed his eyes shut, terror flowing through his icy cold veins.

        "What do you want?" Ben whispered, he knew that He would hear him. The voice chuckled, the sound vibrating through Ben's skull. "You need to be tested."

        "What does that mean?" Ben seethed, his fear turning into anger.

        "You'll see."

        Ben heard a clicking sound from the shadows, his head whipping to the source. There was loud, thundering steps, and the monster came into view. A big, horrifying thing that made Ben tremble. It let out an echoing roar that bounced off the walls of the warehouse.

        "Make it out alive, and you can live."

        Then, the monster screeched and made a running start towards Ben. Ben was frozen in place, until his brain registered that there was a fucking monster with sharp teeth coming after him, then he ran. He ran as fast as he possibly could while trying to find the exit. The monster was coming close, hot on his trail, roaring loudly.

        Ben had found the exit and slammed his shoulder against the door, it took three slams before it screeched open slightly, enough space to where Ben could squeeze through. Ben cried out as he felt searing pain in his side, he didn't look down, he just kept running once he got outside. He ran until he couldn't breathe anymore, but he still heard the monster following behind, so he couldn't stop even if he was on the verge of death. Perhaps he was.

        Ben sprinted through the woods, jumping over tree trunks and trying to keep his footing to ensure he didn't fall. If he fell, he was as good as dead. The pain in his side was getting worse the more he moved, and his shirt was soaked. Ben didn't have to look at the wound to know he was bleeding. Ben made the mistake of looking over his shoulder, he tripped over a root and fell to the ground with a loud thud, right on his injury. Ben screamed in pain, it shot through his entire body. He felt it everywhere.

        Something wrapped around his ankle and dragged him across the ground, his arms and legs scraping against rocks and branches, cutting him everywhere. Ben yelled at the top of his lungs, crying for anyone, begging and pleading for someone to help him. He tried to grab hold of a tree, but the monster was stronger than him, and he was just ripped away from it so effortlessly. The monster continued to pull Ben closer until Ben was pinned under it. The monster screeched in his face, saliva and blood spraying on him. Ben screwed his eyes shut, accepting the inevitable.