Chapter 15 :Broken Pieces of Love

It had been 5 months since the tragedy. Lalisa Manoban was no longer seen walking the halls of La Tremoílle Academy with her bright grin and long black hair. It was something unexpected. Something no one saw coming. It was obviously planned. It was impossible for it to already be her time.

Jisoo walked the halls with an empty heart and cold aura surrounding her presence. Anyone who passed by seemed to avoid her. Despite her usual approachable smile, what adorned her beautiful face were sterner lips, dark circles around her eyes and sadness surrounding her brown orbits.

Tragedy after tragedy hit her soul like a truck she heard from a distance but didn't give a care about because someone was always there to protect her from it. Someone was always there to catch her or push her off in order to save herself. And she hated it.

She hated how she let him sacrifice himself for her. The first time she knew about the situation, she thought she could handle it. She thought she could fix it. But the lady of luck seemed to be mad at her for  she took her best friend away from her at her lowest point.

It was cruel really. Her mom was in a coma, her best friend found dead, her first love...lost.

She was about to enter her first class of the day, heavy rain was the only thing that could be heard from either openings of the school.

And before she could step foot inside the classroom her phone rung. Maybe it was because of how numb she had felt, she didn't even feel it vibrate in her bag, she didn't notice how her phone was ringing loudly and everyone was waiting for her to pick it up. She didn't realise until Jaehyun, one of her old friends from high school, had tapped her and told her that her phone was ringing.

She looked up at him with her tired eyes, puffy redness clutched onto the circles of her eyes and she seemed so lost in the moment.

Now realising the ringing, it was the only thing that she could hear. The excessive ringing of her phone was the only thing that seemed to pound on her eardrums. Taking no more of it, she immediately grabbed her phone and ran off towards the end of hall that ended to an open area of the school.

The morning bustle had slowly died down as the students entered their perspective classrooms  and yet Kim Jisoo stayed outside. Deep into their conversation with the person on the other line. Her friends despite passing by her decided not to greet her because of the seriousness that was plastered on her face.

"You do you realise how complicated this is right?"
Said a man from the other line.

"I just wanna clear this out. God I don't really care how complicated it is. Just tell me. Everything. No matter how it is, tell me"  She replied in an exhausted voice

"Alright, the thing is, Mikayla Lee has been in love with the Prince since she had first laid her eyes on him as my sources say. She then proceeded to inform her mother about her feelings which had made her mom create an even bigger plan to the initial plan she already had at the start.

Mrs Lee, Lee SouHyun originally Eun Sou Hyun , was born from a poor family but she always wanted more, which made her marry Mr Lee who was about 9 years older than her and who she did not love at all.

But despite this, she never forgot her first love who was Kim Dae-Song...your father... For her and her daughter, the only thing in their way is you and your mom Jisoo... From what I investigated Mrs Lee decided to climb her way to the top and called herself "Mrs Kim" which is why you never speculated your father's secretary.

We were looking for a Lee, but the confirmation of that audio tape...when he had said "Mrs Kim" thats when things fell into place. She was so assured that she would be able to get the actual Mrs Kim, your mother, out of the picture and get her position, so that's the reason why she had done those things. I'm not sure about the other things.. but that's what I have for the moment..."