CHAPTER 15

This chapter is in 'third person'.

3 Months later:

The Australian Cricket team was on their tour of South Africa, their two-match test series was already over, which got drawn and now it was time for the five-match ODI series.

A day before their first ODI match, in the evening, a meeting was held attended by the captain Xanir Resf, their vic-captain Drake Andrews, the head coach Graeme Scott, the assistant coach, the batting coach etc., they all sat around the round table seriously discussing their strategies but Xanir was lost in his own world, instead of looking at the whiteboard where the coach was discussing something important, he was looking at the wall, looking all lost.

It has been 3 months since he last met Alveera, 3 months since they last talked or texted each other. The urge to meet her and to make her happy, to make her forget all her worries was really strong. 

"Xanir?", Mr.Scott called him but he was not listening.

If given a chance, he would just leave everything and go meet her.

"Xanir!", Mr.Scott called a bit louder.

He wanted to have her in his arms, to hug her and spend the rest of his life with her.

"Bro!, what are you doing?", Drake whispered shouted as he gently shook him and Xanir was finally back to reality. He gave Drake a baffled look and Drake gestured him to look in front, it was then that he realised that everyone's eyes in the room was on him and he apologised quickly.

"Xanir", Mr.Scott said again, "What about the playing eleven, did you confirm it?"

"Yeah...sorry about it, I'll just confirm it tonight." Mr.Scott nodded, giving him a worried look. 

For the rest of the meeting Xanir did his best to be attentive and as soon as the meeting was over he was the first one to leave the room.

Mr.Scott came next to Drake and whispered to him, "What happened to him, he never acted like this before, he has always been so responsible." Drake knew exactly what was wrong with him.

"Must be not feeling well, don't worry about him, I'll check on him later."

That night when Drake entered Xanir's hotel room, he found him shadow batting. Xanir gave him a look and continued shadow batting.

"What happened to that?", Drake asked referring to the broken bat that was lying in the corner of the room.

"It broke", came the cold reply from Xanir.

"It broke or you broke it deliberately?", he shouted.

"Both are the same thing."

Drake face palmed himself and asked, " What about the team?"

"It's on that table", Xanir said continuing his practise.

Drake took the paper from the table and after seeing it folded it and kept it in his pocket. Xanir wasn't paying attention to any of these things so Drake snatched his bat and kept it on the floor and stood face to face with him.

"What the he-", Xanir was going to speak but Drake cut him off by saying,"What the hell is your problem, Xanir."

He didn't reply and went and sat on the bed, Drake stood beside him with folded arms.

"I know you love her Xanir but right now you can't do anything so better act maturely", he told him gently.

Xanir ran his hand through his hair in frustration.

"I am becoming mad", he finally spoke, "I have not seen her for such a long time and if this continues then something will happen to me."

"You better not get sick,cause I am in no mood of captaining the side in your absence." Drake has always cared for him but never showed it directly and Xanir knew it.

Drake was about to leave but he suddenly stopped. Xanir didn't realize that he was crying untill Darker said, "Are you really crying Xanir?"

At this moment Drake knew it that he really loves her and would do anything for her, Xanir was a strong man who never cried for anyone.

"The last time I saw you crying was when your favorite bat got broken, that too it was 15 years ago", Drake tried lightning his mood but it was of no use. Xanir just wiped his tears away and didn't look at him.

Drake sat in front of him and thought of some ideas. Minutes later he exclaimed, "Did you really forget that we are going to India after this tour?"
Realization suddenly hit Xanir and a small smile appeared on his face but as quickly as it appeared the more quickly it vanished.

"But what's the point when she can't be mine?", he said sadly.

Drake suddenly became angry and said, "You are the one who messed it up, who the hell told you to kiss her? And you were the one who told her that 'you are mine', now what happened, are you giving up so easily? I thought that you never give up, that you are brave but you know what you are the most coward person I have ever seen." Drake never talked like that to Xanir and his words sink deep in his heart, his friend had a point. If he would have said all these things to him some other day then he would have surely punched him but right now he needed him so he remained calm.

"What should I do?", he asked softly.

Drake's anger subsided and he thought for some minutes and then he said, "I have 2 plans, actually 3 plans but plan A has 2 parts, first part is mandatory and if the second part even works then there is no need for plan B."

So Drake narrated him his plans, of which the plan B made Xanir's jaw drop.

"There is no way in the world I am executing that plan B, are you even serious?"

"My plan worked last time."

"I know and I really appreciate you for that but this one...", Xanir trailed off.

"That's the only way possible, and if you don't mess up plan A part two then definitely there will be no need of plan B."

"You better keep your plans to yourself, I am not doing anything. And especially that plan B sucks, what if it doesn't work, I will get embarrassed like hell."

"What's more important to you Xanir, Alveera or your Ego?", Drake asked angrily.

Xanir looked defeated and he mumbled, "Of course, Alveera."