Epilogue - part 1

Percy Flynn

(Three years later)

"You think you're going to love Seattle?" I asked from where I was sitting on a fountain as I waited for the driver that was supposed to pick us an hour ago.

"No."

I laughed, "No? Why not man?"

In response he just looked up at me, his big blue eyes blinking innocently at me. I'm guessing he probably didn't know what I was talking about and when I blinked back at him, he looked away smiling cutely before throwing away the bread crumbs I'd given him.

"Well, I think you're going to love it." I said and he turned to look at me again, his amazing hair flopping around him.

"I am?"

"Uh huh, our apartment is to die for and you're going to be schooling. Isn't that exciting?"

He walked over, his tiny legs moving faster than his body before he collapsed into my waiting arms. "Doc mama here?"

I frowned, "No, doc mama is not here. Just me and..." I signed. "I don't really know Cal."

"Daddy don know?" He pinched my cheeks with his tiny fingers and tried to turn my head side to side like I always do to him.

I laughed and he giggled, "What daddy does know is that I've got just two weeks with you and we're going to make it the best two weeks ever."

"Hurrah!"

The confused taxi man arrived twenty minutes later and I avoided shouting at him because of little Cal. After getting in and putting all our bags we both got settled on the back seat, the wonder on our faces as we looked around the city completely identical.

Looking at the city I couldn't help recalling every moment in my life leading up to this moment. I've been dreaming of coming to this town ever since Spencer Tracey walked into the airport three years ago. My world was here, and everything I did after that was supposed to end up getting me here one day for good.

I was meant to come here two years back, immediately after high school graduation but as usual life happened, rearing its ugly head in my plans— or in this case completely adorable head.

--------

After the school incident, as usual Janis left town and I never heard from her again. I never thought I would even and I was starting to forget everything. Spencer was in Seattle with his dad and they were thankfully and surprising getting along. Spencer was also travelling around because his program wasn't that tight and didn't require his presence all the time. His dreams were coming through and I was so happy for him.

I focused on myself. I joined the drama club, played football, continued working at the gym with James, saw a therapist every week and shared my story with anyone willing to hear and benefit from it. Mum and dad were supportive and dad even opened his own restaurant in town, like, finally. I also volunteered to work at the cafeteria so in short; I had no free time in my hands to be a stupid teenager. But even though I had less time to miss Spencer, I still missed him like hell and we texted everyday and called at least every three days. It was a measure that worked well for us because Spencer was also busy. With his teaching program and mini tour, he also later took up a class in fashion designing.

Graduation came a lot faster that we both thought it would and I'd applied and gotten into a college in Seattle. It was everything, it was completely perfect. Spencer came back during graduation but he didn't stay with us at home. His house that we both rebuilt together, before he left he'd given it over to James to rent out and conveniently for him when he returned, the people staying there moved away so he had all of the house to himself.