Chapter 24

Hermione was getting ready to go to Draco's for dinner when she heard her phone ring. She ran into the other room to grab it and smiled when she saw who was calling.

"Molly, how nice of you to call. How are you?" Hermione was smiling as she held the phone up to her ear.

"I am well, dear. How are you?"

"Doing well, work is getting a little hectic. Trying to train someone and learn about my role before everything is officially switched over. I wouldn't trade it for the world, though."

"I have a question for you, dear,"

"Yes?" Hermione thought she had meant to do something for Molly that she had forgotten, but she couldn't come up with anything.

"I was hoping that you would be joining us for Christmas dinner. Draco is, of course, welcome to come. I know that his mother had passed away, and he doesn't have any other family. A shame, really. I can't in good conscious allow him to be alone on Christmas,"

"Molly, are you sure? Would it really be alright if we both came?" Hermione felt a great weight lifted off her chest, and the tears start to form in her eyes. She had been certain she wouldn't be welcome at Christmas dinner, and she was sure if she was, then Draco wouldn't.

"Yes, Hermione. You are part of our family, and you had a new person in your life.  I think we should all get to know the new Draco Malfoy, and this would be a wonderful opportunity to do so."

"I know I will be there, Molly. I wouldn't miss Christmas dinner, and I will talk to Draco about it tonight. I will let you know tomorrow if he is coming. Would that be alright?"

"Yes, dear. Call anytime."

"Thank you, Molly," 

"Bye dear, speak with you tomorrow."

"Goodbye,"

Hermione finished getting ready and left quickly after arriving at Draco's, only a little after she was supposed to have arrived.

"I was getting a little worried that you were still at work," Draco pulled her into a hug and kissed her softly when she came into the kitchen where he was working.

"Molly called, and I couldn't ignore her." Hermione smiled. 

"I wouldn't have either. After that howler that she sent to Ron second year, and what she did to my aunt. I wouldn't mess with that woman."

Hermione laughed, and they talked about their days and what they had been doing that day. Hermione was tired of doing two jobs and was happy to be moving into her new role soon. And by the time dinner was ready, she had exhausted all talk of work with Draco, and she shifted her focus to what Molly had called about.

"Draco,"

"Yes, dear?"

"Molly called about Christmas dinner today." Hermine paused, trying to prepare herself for the answer she was sure that Draco would have for her, "She invited us to come to the Burrow, and I really want to go, and I would if you would come with me. Though I understand if you wouldn't be comfortable with that."

He looked at Hermione; his mouth is practically open with shock. If his mother hadn't told him thousands of times to close his mouth when something shocked him, it would have been. "She really wants me there?" 

"She doesn't want you are spending Christmas dinner alone, and neither do I." 

Draco nodded a few times, trying to process all of the thoughts that were going through his mind at the moment, and then a smile crept onto his face. "I would like that,"