13 • She hates me

"It was you, always you!"

.
.
.

Few moments of peace, and she couldn't bear the closeness. She pulled out her hand, only to be held by him again.

N "Leave me Kartik."

K "Never." He answered with a straight face.

N "Kartik, please! It's hurting." And he left her wrist, concerned.

K "Sorry, I'm so sorry! maine realize nahi kiya. Is it paining much?" He asked holding her hand softly.

N "Nahi, Mujhe adaat hai hurt hone ki. And you have been always the reason." She replied making his numb at that moment.

K "Naira, listen to me once! Please.." Holding back his tears at her accused words, he cupped her face lovingly.

N "Jab tumne nahi suna then why should I?" She said being hurt.

The frustration was coming out and he chose to hear it out. She was leaving from there. He again held her tight, holding her by wrist.

K "You have to listen to me! Nahi jaa sakti tum aise."

N "You can't force me."

K "Yes I can!"

N "Oh how?"

K "I have the right!" He said proudly. That was enough to break her patience level.

N "Enough Kartik! Just stop this fake act! It doesn't suit you." she shouted and he stayed calm.

He decided to keep quiet. He would listen to her, it didn't matter if he got hurt by her harsh words again but she needed to throw her anger out.

N "You know Tumhari yehi problem hai jo tumhe sahi lagta hai tum karte ho. jab man kare pyaar karte ho, jab man kare gussa karte ho. Jab man Kare apni life se nikal.." And she stopped in midway when she saw his tears. It did hurt her.

She could feel his pain, guilt and at the same time thr eternal love for her. But her mind provoked her very well.

N "Anyways, Tumhe jo karna hai karo.
Aur please mujhse dur raho. Tumne kudh dur kiya tha mujhe if you remember!" This hit his heart sharply. She was taunting him. Only if she knew the entire truth.

K "Aur kuch nahi kehna tumhe?" He was still soft towards her which pissed her off. She left from there, wiping her tears. While he was all broken, helpless again.

He sat there with a thud, crying his heart out. Did he deserve this? From the person whom he loved with all his heart?

K "Why!" He screamed and let out the fresh tears come out.

Meanwhile, Naira locked her room door and threw herself in the bed crying and crying, for hurting Him. She was regretting her words.

"You did nothing wrong." Her mind assured her.

"How can you do this to him, Naira? He is already regretting for his mistake. Why are you breaking his heart again and again!" Her heart asked.

Her mind and heart were having a battle between themselves. She chose to ignore. Keeping her emotions aside, she closed her eyes to get some sleep. But sleep was far away from her eyes.

Kartik came to his room, all pale. His face has the tear marks, clearly visible. A lone tear escaped his eye which he wiped it with his finger and talked to himself, faintly smiling.

K "You deserve this for hurting her, Kartik!" My heart!

"It's okay Sherni. jitna gussa nikal na hai nikal lo. It's the beginning only. I promise, Tumhe manna hi hoga."

Assuring his heart for another time, he went to sleep.

___

Naksh "Don't worry Mumma! Main Naira ko bata dunga. You guys go safely." He said over the phone and cut it.

Keerti "Did they reach?"

Naksh "Not yet."

Family had to leave for their respective reasons. They wanted their children to enjoy. So Only Keerti, Naksh, Mansi, Shubham and Kaira were there.

Mansi "let's go to club tonight. Gharwale toh nahi hai yaha."

Keerti "That's an amazing idea actually! What say Naksh?" Naksh nodded excitedly.

___

Naira was informed by Naksh that their family left the resort today morning. She wanted to go back too but then it would spoil other's mood. So she stayed back unwillingly.

Naira came down in the garden area where her cousins were chit-chatting. But where was he? Her eyes were searching for her Mendak.

N "Subah breakfast ke liye bhi nahi aaya ab yaha bhi nahi hai. Gaya kaha?" She wondered, looking here and there.

"Why do I care" You do Ms! Hehe

N "Mansi se puchu kya? But what would I say? I don't care okay! Lekin bohot der hogayi pata nahi kaha rehgaya yeh Mendak! Uggh" She recalled the last night moments she had with him.

N "Gusse mein kahi chala toh nahi gaya." She got worried and immediately went to check on his room.

She was about to knock but he opened it. He was little shocked seeing her. His one look and she forgot what excuse to make! What would he think? She felt embarrassed.

K "Ek video conference tha.. that's why I couldn't come for breakfast." he answered chuckling at her confused expression.

She tucked her hair, behind her ear nervously. How cute she was! He adored her cuteness and followed her.

___

N "Where is everyone? abhitak toh yehi the."

Kartik was sitting there quietly. Naira noticed him.

N "Why is he so silent today? Naira, you should be happy woh tujhe pareshan nahi kar raha. But I can't bear this silence!" She thought stealing glances at him.

N "Uhhu..uhhu.." Fake cough by Naira but Mendak bhao nhi deraha. Mission failed miserably.

N "Haww! How dare he! How dare he! Mujhe ignore kar raha hai. Abhi batati hoon isko.."

Kartik noticed her expression. Oh the sherni was all ready to attack him. He laughed to himself.

K "Plan is working, Kartik!"

***

Don't forget to vote and comment! I hope you liked the chapter. Stay safe, take care~Jiya🌸

***