Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6 // 𝐴𝑖𝑛'𝑡 𝑖𝑡 𝑓𝑢𝑛𝑛𝑦? 𝑅𝑢𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑠 𝑓𝑙𝑦

I don't care what people say when we're together,
You know I wanna be the one to hold you when you sleep;
I just want it to be you and I forever,
I know you wanna leave,
So c'mon baby be with me
So happily.

Happily- One Direction

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

"Lucas, what the hell?" I exclaimed, turning red with fright and embarrassment as I cluck onto the towel for my dear life. I just came out of the shower, to find Lucas laying on my bed staring at his phone. Thank God the towel didn't drop!

He looked up at me at the sound of my shriek as he took me in from head to toe. What does he think, he's doing? A minute later, he clears his throat and chuckles, "I'm sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

He never means to scare me but always does it

"Of course you didn't," I said, rolling my eyes. "What are you doing here anyway? Aren't you supposed to be at the breakfast table?"

"Well, I kinda needed help with a situation and I couldn't talk about it, in front of Paul and Emily so I came here." He explained.

"What is it?" I asked with concern lacing out of my voice.

"I went out with a girl last night, but she was way too outrageous for my taste. She kept talking about some Prada bag she bought the other day and about her Paris trip, so I dropped her home after our dinner and now she won't stop calling me." He said with a worried face.

It has been a few weeks since school had started. Lucas was back to being a player as usual. He would date a girl one day and then her best friend the next. He never committed to anyone and always came to me when the situation got out of his hand. This new girl seemed to be of the type who liked to show-off. Well, it's not my problem that he went through girls as fast as I'd change my clothes in the mall's dressing room.

"If you haven't figured it out already. That's how dating works. When you go out with someone and if you like them. You call them back." I replied, annoyedly.

"How would you know how dating works? You haven't had a single boyfriend." He joked but that didn't go unnoticed by me.

"I know enough to understand how a girl would feel." I retorted.

As if he realized how wrong what he just said to me was, he hastily apologized, "I'm so sorry, Grace."

"It's fine." I cut him off.

"No. That came out wrong. I didn't mean it like that. I'm sorry." He said taking a step towards me as I backed away, because hey...I was still wrapped in a towel.

"It's fine Lucas," I said, my back hitting the wall.

"Really? You're not angry at me right?" He stopped a foot away from me.

"No, I'm not," I grumbled. Just stay where you're and don't come near me. I can't handle it.

"Okay. So you said to call back, but what if I don't want to call her back. I told you already, she was way too outrageous for my taste." He scratched his head, as I narrowed my eyes towards him. Unbelievable, "Lucas James, you can't keep doing this to every girl." I said, pointing my finger at him.