𝘚𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘌𝘌𝘕

SEVENTEEN

On the second night of the term a new DADA professor was introduced at dinner

On the second night of the term a new DADA professor was introduced at dinner. "Please give a warm welcome to our new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, professor Umbridge!" Dumbledore says as the school claps nonchalantly. "So much pink" Cedric whispers, leaning into River. "I know right" River breathes out.

The hall is silent as she walks to the front stage, her heels clicking behind her. "I'm excited to be here! I hope I can help make this school a better place" Her voice was small but somehow powerful. After her incredibly long speech the Great Hall broke into chatter and dug into their delicious dinner.

The next morning in DADA was, interesting to say the least. The twins received a detention for talking back to professor Umbridge, thus starting the Umbitch movement. "She's absolutely vile" River exclaimed as the two walked down the hallway. As they were walking they walked past a very exhausted looking Malfoy. The dark circles around his eyes indicated he wasn't sleeping and his skin was paler and he looked thinner.

"I'll meet you later?" River said before giving Cedric a kiss on the cheek. She then left to catch up to Draco, something that didn't sit quite well with Cedric.

"Hey Draco wait up!" River called, and the blonde boy turned around. River finally caught up with him and gave him a soft smile. "Hey, how are you?" She asked. "Fine" He replied before asking the same question. "I'm good" She said. Draco fiddled with the hem of his left shirt sleeve looking distraught. "Are you sure, you're okay?" She asked seeing his facial expression. "I'm fine, River- I've got to go, i'll see you around" He said before running off.

"I'm sure he's fine" Cedric said trying not to sound annoyed at how much River was interested in Draco Malfoy's daily activities. The two were now coddled up on the couch in the Hufflepuff common room. "Yeah" River replied sadly. "Hey come on" Cedric soon let go of the jealousy act and wrapped his arms around his girl.

"Come on let's get some sleep" Cedric said softly before standing, he took River up in his arms and carried her to his dorm room where he gently placed her onto his bed, he slid under the covers and brought her body close to his.
"I love you" He whispered unconsciously into her hair. "I love you too Cedric" She replied into his chest.

The next morning, on her way to Charms class, River passed Draco in the hallway once again. Only this time, he looked even worse than before. River let out a sigh before stalking towards him, grabbing his arm and shoving him into a near by broom closet. "What the- Eve, what is this?" Draco said trying to sound annoyed but was too exhausted. "It's an intervention" She glared.

"You're lying to me" She huffed, crossing her arms. "Well we're not exactly friends, are we?" Draco finally found his tone. "I'm trying to help you Draco! can't you see? whether you see it or not some people actually care about you, so stop building your walls up so high and tell me what's going on" Draco was silent as River's words imprinted on his mind. He refused to meet her eyes, ashamed before letting out in barely a whisper, "I'm a Death Eater".

But River heard it.

"Oh, Draco" She sighed as she embraced him. She heard the sniffles and felt his un-easy breathing on her chest. "It'll be okay, I promise" She spoke softly, stroking his blonde hair, something that weirdly made him feel safe.

"No, River it's not" Draco said breaking away from her. "I'm a death eater" He scoffed at her. "I'm a death eater" He repeated to himself. "I won't tell anyone" River said holding his arm firmly. "You'll get through this, Draco" She smiled weakly. He returned with a smile just as weak before she let go of his hand and walked out.

why is my writing so terrible hskjsjjs