~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓔𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝔂-𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻 ~

Chapter Eighty-Four: The Motorbike

When Lina returned home to hers and Remus's cottage everything seemed normal except for the sparkling motorbike with a sidecar and a folded up jacket on the seat that was in front of the house

"Uncle Remus!" Lina called, he poked his head out the front door and Lina pointed to the bike an eyebrow raised.

"Ah, that," Remus said stepping out the cottage, he pulled out his wand and pointed it at Lina's luggage, the luggage floated itself into the cottage "it's a birthday present," he said.

"From you?" Lina asked walling up to the bike and noticed an envelope with her name on it on top of the jacket.

"Open the letter," Remus said smiling slightly.

Lina eyed her uncle curiously but complied.

Angel.
I'm alright, I can't tell you exactly where I am but I'm okay.
I wanted to say again how sorry I am for everything you've had to go through because of me, all the birthdays and Christmas's I've missed...
I know this won't make up for everything thing but I wanted you to have my old bike and jacket - call it a late birthday present.
I had the bike when I was your age, your mother loved it and I always planned for you to have it one day. Use it recklessly as I did - don't tell Moony I said that.
I love you Angel and I'm sorry I haven't been around but if you ever need me write and I will answer.
Love,
Padfoot.

Lina looked up from the letter "It's mine" she said in slight shock "did you know about this?"

Remus hummed "how'd you think it got here."

Lina's mouth popped open, she hesitantly ran a hand over the bike scared it was a mirage or something but it wasn't. Lina picked up the jacket and slipped it on, it fit like a glove.

***

For the next two weeks, Lina did nothing but learn how to ride her next bike. Lucy had sent Lina some muggle books on how to ride the bike. And after many, many bumps and bruises Lina finally got the hang of it and felt confident enough to go venture out for than a mile from her home.

"I'll be back later," Lina said to Remus sitting on her bike's seat, the sidecar off and away. With her hair tied up, her leather jacket on and makeup while holding the bike helmet in her hand Remus thought she looked remarkably like a perfect mix between Sirius and Marlene. "I'll try not to crash" she joked, her smile faltered when she saw how sad Remus looked. "What's the matter, I was only joking."

"I know," Remus said shaking his head slightly "I feel like I'm only just realising this but you're all grown up, you don't need me any more."

Lina placed her helmet on the floor and ran to Remus hugging him tight "I'll always need you, and, well I loved dad I do but well Uncle Remus you are my dad as well and I love you."