Chapter 13

(Fast Forward to Visiting Day)

Today is the day I've been waiting for. Visiting day. I get up out of bed and go to take a shower. I dry myself off and put some clothes on, and walk over to the locked box under my bed. I don't keep the rod out in the open because I know Marcus would take it away from me any chance he got. I've started to do my hair differently every day now. I've stopped doing buns and Marcus gave up trying to say anything about it. When the kids at school saw my new hair for the first time they were, shocked. I mean I would be too if I saw a small shy Abnegation nobody being...different. I even picked up on new ways to style it by staring at Dauntless heads for 3 hours straight when I was supposed to be paying attention in school. Today I don't feel like doing much so I just curl my hair and leave it down. I make my way downstairs and see Marcus already sitting in his chair drinking coffee. I make myself a piece of toast and sit down as well, as far from him as possible. I already know Marcus won't let me visit Tobias, so I made up a lie ahead of time with Ely and Hannah to be able to go see him. Ely's sister, Annabeth, transferred from Erudite to Candor. Hannah's brother, Edward, transferred from Amity to Erudite. Their parents were not accepting either and banned Ely and Hannah from seeing them as well.

"Ely, Hannah and I will be walking down the Marsh today" I lie, taking a bite of toast

"It's visiting day shouldn't they be visiting their siblings in their new factions?" Marcus asks

"No, their parents didn't agree with the decisions made by their siblings. They're not allowed to go" I say

"I thought you would wanna go to see Tobias," Marcus tells me.  

"Not really. He made his decision, and it wasn't the right one. I don't wanna go to visit the brother who left me by myself" I lie again, dramatically this time.

"Good. I trust you to choose better when it's your time. Even though you're not being very Abnegation by your choice of vanity." Marcus says gesturing  to my hair. To convince Marcus, I tie my hair back into a bun. I get up to put my dish in the sink and start to take my bag.

"You're leaving this early?" Marcus asks

"Yes, we wanted to get there before everyone started to get out so we don't disturb anyone on the way," I say

"One more question" He says

"Yes?" I say, a bit impatient

"Why do you want to stay in Abnegation? It doesn't seem like the first choice I would have in mind when it comes to you" He says

Crap. 

"Because I care about others," I lie "and I want to be at peace. I want a family- a partner- maybe even a kid. 

"Okay" Marcus says sitting on the couch, done with the 'emotional' talk. I leave quickly and meet Ely and Hannah by the Hub first. That was a very dramatic conversation. 

"Ok did you tell your parents the thing we discussed? That we'll be down by the Marsh?" I ask them

"Yes, they believed it" Ely says

"Same here" Hannah replies.

"Ok good," I say "I'll meet you guys back at the marsh by 7 pm. We have 6 hours."

They both nod and we go our separate ways. Ely to Candor and Hannah to Erudite. I start walking to the Dauntless Compound.

Authors Note: Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading! I know, this chapter was boring and short, but I am planning to write the next chapter today as well. Like always please make sure to comment on what you love and hate, vote, and share with anyone you think will like it. Thank you so much, Love you all!😁♥

-Violet