23

Alice

I helped Logan with his coat, gloves and hat as Nick got the keys to lock up the house.

We stood on the porch ready to leave for ice cream. It was already 8 pm and it felt irresponsible to give a little boy sugar this late. But Nick insisted on paying for all of us since it was his idea. For about 5 minutes in the car ride there I kept telling him I could pay for myself but he refused.

"We're here!" Logan screams from the backseat and we all leave Nicks massive truck.

Nick helped Logan get out and plopped the small boy down onto his brood shoulders.

Logan's small hands held on to his head and Nick held his ankles making sure he wouldn't fall off as he bounced him occasionally causing small giggles to erupt from Logan.

Every now and then Logan would pull Nick's hair just to be annoying. But I found it funny.

Nick walked behind me and as we reached the shop's door. He came close and opened the door for me. I felt his heat on my back and it made me start to think of wild things.

"Thank you," I say with a soft smile but my smile only grows when I feel his warm palm resting against my lower back to lead me.

Nick takes Logan off his shoulders and I take Logan's hand, leading us to a table while Nick gets the ice creams.

~~

"Aliens are real I know that. Darcy told me that at school today. And Darcy is always right." Logan says shoving a spoonful of ice cream into his mouth.

Nick nods and so do I. For the past ten minutes Logan has been rambling about space and monsters so we listened patiently.

I raise another bite of ice cream to my lips and some slips off onto the top of my dress. I groan and grab a napkin.

I start to rub at the now forming stain but it really is no use. I rub harder and luckily some comes off.

"Shoot," I mumble when it smears and look up to see Nick staring at my chest with no shame whatsoever.

I feel a hot blush on my cheek. He hasn't realized I was looking at him yet. A small smile shows on his lips before it's gone and I shift around under that hot stare of his. Those cold eyes make me feel something forbidden.

Speaking of those eyes, the frozen orbs snap up to mine and I see a tint of pink on his cheeks before it disappears and his lips form into a smirk.

Logan is still talking and I can't even concentrate on his antics anymore.

He's still looking at me I can feel his curious cold eyes.

I take another bite of my ice cream and almost choke when I feel his warm hand connect with my thigh. It sits carefully and just slightly under my dress.

I look down with wide eyes. Why am I so okay with his hand there? Any other guy and I'd rip it off their wrist clean.

"Alice, did you hear me?" Logan says and I look at him with flushed cheeks.

"W-what? Sorry, do you mind telling me again?" I ask.

"Do you think aliens are real?" He smiles and I need to think for a minute.

"Maybe they are? I've never really-" I try to speak but I'm cut off by my own gasp when I feel Nick's hand slide a little higher up the inside of my thigh. Those calloused and rough hands of his could do things to me. Things that leave me wanting more of him. I wonder how b- Snap out of it!