19. A manic visit

'Annyeong, Shannon,' Mr Park says.

'What are you doing here?' I ask. There's really no point in greeting him.

He stands up from the kitchen stool and slowly walks towards my direction. Why does he always like to stand so close to me?

'I just want to have a little chat with my idol,' he says. His smile looks crooked under the dim kitchen light.

I am still standing still by the door. My legs suddenly don't feel like mine anymore.

'Why don't you put your bag in your room and then come out for a drink with your manager...no, I mean, former manager? Off you go now.' Although he is still smiling, the tone in his voice tells me that I can't say no.

I walk back to my room and try my best to keep looking at him, just in case he pulls a knife out of nowhere and decides to stab me on my back with it.

'Don't keep me waiting for too long,' he says from the living room.

Shit, if I call for help now, he's gonna hear me in my birdcage sized apartment.

Footsteps are getting closer and closer to my bedroom. I quickly press call to the first call on my dial log without looking at who I'm calling. Then I stuff my phone into my pocket and hopefully whoever I called can hear us.

-------------

(Jungkook's PoV)

Shannon's calling me. Suga hyung told me when girls call, I have to wait at least 10 seconds to pick up. But honestly, I cannot care less now.

'Yeobuseyo?'

She's not saying anything.

'Yeobuseyo?' I ask again.

I hear a faint conversation between Shannon and someone else. Who is visiting her so late at night?

I know it's rude to eavesdrop but I keep on listening.

'Take...seat on the sofa,' whoever her visitor says.

Ugh, Shannon's ancient phone makes their conversation even fainter. I need to get her a new phone but this stubborn girl will never accept expensive gifts like that.

'...nim...want?' She asks. I only know it's a question because she has a habit of exaggerating the 'yo' sound when she's asking a question. It's honestly the cutest thing.

But it's not time to think about this now.

'Why don't you...music?' He asks.

Hang on a second, this voice sounds familiar.

After a few seconds, which I'm guessing Shannon is walking towards her CD player that Jimin hyung gave her,  some music is turned on.

I think it is 'Danger' by us. I mean BTS.

Is she trying to tell me something? Honestly, if I was choosing one BTS song to listen to at 10 pm at night I wouldn't choose 'Danger'.

Ugh, it's even harder to listen to their conversation with the music blasting. I'm going crazy if I don't find out what is happening.

Should I go back?

'Jungkook-ah, who are you calling this time of the night?' Hope hyung asks as I'm walking into their studio.

I mute the audio of the phone call without hanging up. 'Hyung, I think Shannon's in trouble.'

I've got the other hyungs' attention. RM hyung asks, 'what are you talking about, Jungkook-ah?'