C.41

"i like you"

her eyes fluttered opened and she abruptly sat up gasping. "yoonhwa? are you alright?" she turned to look at the direction of her brother's voice.

jaehyun got up from the sofa going towards her bed. yoonhwa furrowed her eyebrows. "jaehyun? what are you doing here?"

"what kind of question is that. i've been here since the morning. you fell asleep earlier than i thought" he sat at the end of her bed staring at her confused state.

"do you have a bad dream? you looked kind of shaken up" jaehyun tilted his head to the side to have a better view of her face. yoonhwa clutched the bed sheets.

"did.. did haechan came here?" she don't know why her voice was shaky. she wanted to confirm something. jaehyun's eyebrows rose.

"no. most of the members were out including him since yesterday. it looks like johnny had found out about the gang that destroyed the old base. they're going to attack them after getting ordered by haechan. he's the leader anyways so he needs to be there" jaehyun began explaining.

then it dawned at her. it was just a dream. it felt too real.

"so he.. he didn't come here last night?" jaehyun shook his head- he was really confused why she's looking for him but decided to just shrug it away.

why was she feeling disappointed? there's no way he had feelings for her.

"you don't look fine, yoonhwa. are you hungry? i can buy you some food" jaehyun said as he reached to pat her head. yoonhwa managed a small smile and she nodded her head.

"i'll be back"

yoonhwa's eyes followed jaehyun's back until he's not in sight. she played with her fingers thinking what had happened- well what she had dreamt. "what a weird dream" she mumbled.

her head shot to the door when there was a knock coming from it. "jaehyun? that was fast-" the door slides opened revealing a brown haired guy in a man bun. yoonhwa's eyes widened slightly.

"hwiyoung?"

he smiled when he saw her. "can i come in?" he asked. yoonhwa smiled back nodding her head.

"i heard that you're sick. is it true?"

"well not sick.."

"but still i'm glad you're okay" hwiyoung went closer towards her. "why.. did you come?" hwiyoung kept his smile at her question.

"i'm just checking if my friend is alright. is that wrong?"

"no! it's just.. kind of weird coming from you. you know, we're not as close as we were before when we're little kids" yoonhwa looked down and he just raised his eyebrows while putting his hand inside his pocket.

"i thought you'd be happy seeing me again after all these years" he mumbled. she could clearly hear a hint of hurt in his tone. hwiyoung covered it with a smile.

"no it's not-"

"don't worry, yoonhwa. it's not like i'm mad or something. but i really want to be your friend again" yoonhwa pursed her lips. he sounded sincere.

she managed a small smile. he cleared his throat feeling a little bit awkward. he never really said something like that to someone before. but she was different.

hwiyoung touched his ear. she just realised that he had a silver dragon shaped ear cuff on his left ear. yoonhwa was a bit confused when the smile on his face suddenly dropped and he looked really serious.

"hwiyoung?" he turned his attention back to her. "since when did you had that ear cuff?" yoonhwa asked her eyes staring at it.

"i've always had it but i never wore it at school before" he said and she just nodded her head.

"yoonhwa i'll visit you again later, okay? i'll bring some ice cream for you" he said the smile came back on his lips. when he mentioned ice cream the side of her lips tugged upwards.

"you're going now? my brother will come back soon with some food" she said. "something came up" he replied.

yoonhwa bit her lower lip. "is it.." even the thought of hwiyoung's father made her want to cry of fear. hwiyoung's eyebrows furrowed. "is it? what?"

she shook her head quickly. "nothing" he stared her face for a moment. "well then" hwiyoung walked towards the door and waved at her before he went out saying:

"be safe"

she was a little bit puzzled by his words.

▽▽▽

"yoonhwa you should eat. you're not hungry?" jaehyun's voice cut her off from her train of thoughts. yoonhwa looked down at the food in her hand.

"no i'm just thinking something" she mumbled. jaehyun could sense something was wrong with her.

"you know you could tell me anything, right?" he said standing up before he took the available seat next to her. yoonhwa nodded.

"it's two more days. are you sure about this surgery?" jaehyun locked his eyes with her. she smiled reassuringly. "you really should stop asking that question, jaehyun. it's not like i'm going to change my mind"

he flashed a sad smile. "i'm just worried"

disappointed? lmao

disappointed? lmao

you should be.