10

"'You're stalling, I can tell.' Poe says. I sigh and press my face into his shoulder."

Somehow Chewie and I make our way up and out of the oscillator

Somehow Chewie and I make our way up and out of the oscillator. The blasts had caused a lot of damage, and enough of a distraction, yet there were still lots of troopers and they definitely wanted us at the end of their blasters.

I didn't see Finn and Rey get out, but I'm sure they did. They were in a much better position to escape, I can only hope that they made it back to the Falcon.

Chewie and I run in the direction of the Falcon. It's kind of a long trek but we make it. At the sight of the ship I remember what had happened to it's owner, and Chewie does to. He let's out an anguished groan.

"I know, buddy," I reach up to pat him on his upper arm. He had just lost his best friend, this was a hard time for him. "But we need to get going. We need to find Rey and Finn."

And so we get to work.

I had seen the Falcon start up a few times, but Chewie had obviously done it a lot more. Because of this, I mostly stay to the side, pressing a few buttons here and there, but letting CHewie take control of the situations. Eventually we get the ship up and running.

We fly over the trees, yet still sticking close to the top of the forest, Scanning for anything that would show us where Rey and Finn were.

A little ways away I hear a blast. Looking in the direction that the sound came from I can see the explosion of the Main part of the base, ricocheting out and destroying the rest of the planet. They had done it, Poe had done it.

Despite the situation, a smile is brought to my face.

I look back to the forest and notice a distinct Light source that was unnatural. It looked something like light sabers. It had to be them.

"There!" I point Chewie in the direction of the light and we descend to a small cavern, likely created by the blast.

The light from the Falcon Illuminates Rey. She was leaning over what appeared to be Finn's body, which was sitting in a pool of blood.

Because today getting better would just be too much, I guess.

We land the Falcon and Chewie goes out to grab Finn and get Rey onto the ship. As soon as Chewie sets Finn down on the couch area I notice how bad his injuries are.

Chewie leaves to start the Falcon up again while Rey stands nearby, quiet.

"Well," I start. "That's not at all how the mission was supposed to go."

Rey looks into my eyes. I can tell that she is feeling all sorts of emotions at the moment. I walk over to her and grab her lower arms. "Hey, don't worry too much. The Resistance has some of the best Med-staff and-" I look down and notice the thing in her hand. "What's that?"