19- Today's the day

Her POV

Today was the day.
I decide to wear that dress I 've been saving. That black number that fits me just right.

And those strappy heels that make me feel like I own the world, even though it kind of makes me ridiculously tall and my feet hurt after about an hour.

Those long dangly earrings that frame my face just right.

And that red lipstick that blows people's minds

Or at least that's what I've been told by my girls.

I smile as I look at myself in the mirror. For a person who wears sweatshirts and merch t shirts and jeans ALL the time, dresses were a nice change.

I grab my coat and purse as I hear the doorbell ring.
"Coming!"
I open the door and see Namjoon standing there, wearing an all black three piece suit, his hair slicked back, a smile on his face.

My breath is knocked out of my lungs

Namjoon's POV

I steel myself before ringing her doorbell.

She opens the door and I have to stop myself from gasping out loud.

I couldn't help but stare at her for a while.

This woman will be the death of me.

"You look beautiful..."

"Likewise" she adds with a smirk

I can't help but grin as I open the car door for her.

Her POV

Why can't I take a compliment like a normal person?!

I keep beating up my smart alec self in my head all the way to the restaurant.
We don't talk a lot, but we keep smiling at each other.

More time for me to ruminate over my actions.

The chauffer opens the door and Namjoon extends his elbow, like the true gentleman that he is, to help me out. We walk into the old but well kept building, evidently decorated to keep with its old world charm. It was like stepping into the past.

It reminded me of the bookstore we went to.
A portal of sorts.

We were seated in a discreet corner. And it being a weekday, there weren't a lot of people there. But everything about the place screamed

Fancy. My entire month's paycheck fancy.

"Um Namjoon, what is this place?"

"Oh it's a restaurant that's really unique! Every month, the head chef changes! It's like a pet project of a few chefs who want to take a break from their own restaurants, and want to have a little bit of fun. The result is a bunch of experimental dishes that are always amazing!"

He's wearing his glasses today. I guess he got tired of his contacts.

Makes him look more suave if I must say so myself

I nearly slap myself at that thought.

The meal is about 8 courses of bespoke dishes with unique wine pairings.
Its like nothing I've ever experienced. And between every dish we discuss about the food.

"Oh did you taste the hint of lemon there?"

"Wait lemme take another bite.... Woah!"

We keep having our minds blown and we laugh at each other having revelations when eating. We're the loudest ones there by far.

But, for once, standing out didn't matter. Not blending into the shadows didn't matter.

....

He walks me to the door of the apartment and steps in as I enter, handing me my purse since I had my coat and heels in my hands. I put up my coat on the hanger and take the purse from him

"Thank you... That- that was really fun!" I grin

"Ahh don't mention it!"

We just stare at each other for a while before he messes with his hair and says

"Ay-Ayanna?"

"Yeah?"

He takes a step closer

"May I kiss you?"

Wutwutwutwutwut

I lean forward and close my eyes as I feel him brush the hair off my face and take it in his hands. I feel my breath hitch before our lips crash. Hesitant at first, but hungry soon after.

Well fuck

We separate, gasping for breath. He rests his forehead on mine as he says

"Ayanna... I really like you..."

I can't help but smirk as I look into his eyes and say

"Likewise, Mr Kim Namjoon"

He laughs, his forehead still resting on mine and I laugh too, before he pulls me into a hug and we just stand there for what seems like an eternity.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Please vote and comment! It really makes my day when I see people reading and interacting with the book! I love each comment and insight y'all give...

-M