Glossary

Adelmerian Court - The only Juvenile Court in the world (for people less than 20 years of age). The ti-eglor usually heads this. In case of there not being a ti-eglor yet, other members of the royal family of magic-kind take the responsibility.

Adelmiro Circle - There are three scores of higher schools scattered across the world. The biggest in the world and global empire is Adelmiro Circle, sometimes referred to as 'The Little Circle' due to it being a world of its own. Children of the most affluent families get offers from here at sixteen. Graduating from here guarantees high paying jobs in administration and empire building. Most people cannot afford this or any higher schools for that matter and resort to skill related jobs instead. 

Blood moon - A crimson moon phenomenon that occurs once in three years. It has energy enhancing properties. It is also known to sexually stimulate mortals. Dragon-kind are asked to take shelter during such nights as the chances of their true selves being revealed are greater due to the moon's powers. 

Camouflaging spells - Created by the magic-kind. Allow the user to camouflage an object. The three witches and their descendants help dragon-kind with such spells. Meredith uses it to hide her bracelet. Camouflaging spells only work until there is no suspicion of its existence. If another person begins to doubt that such a spell may have been used, the spell breaks. 

Champion of Hecate - The most favoured magic-kind of Hecate. There have been four champions till date, making them very rare. There's usually only one in a generation. They are extremely powerful as well loyal to Hecate. The first champion was Seon Uchigi, her son with a mortal. 

Circle - The global empire. Most of the world comes within the extent of the Circle. It has a unique political system headed by the eglor. For more information, turn to: The Political System.

Council - The governing body of the Circle headed by the eglor. Makes all the key decisions. According to a pact made, it consists of the rulers of every echelon in order to keep the best interests of all people at heart. 

Cockroach - A unique species of unknown origin. Apparently has survived for millenia and will continue to do so due to their high passion for continuation of their kind.

Creatures of divinity - Animals that are kept as pets or modes of transportation by deities. Due to their divine nature, cannot enter spaces of darkness. 

Dark magic - Any magic that extracts power from dark elements of nature such as chaos, destruction and carnage.

De - A term used by a younger person to refer to an older person with respect. Also means, 'senior in skill, experience or age' as well as 'brother'.

Deities - Higher entities: gods and goddess' who live in Liremia. Although more powerful and worshipped by mortals, they have emotions quite similar to the ones that worship them. Some of them have relationships with mortals. However, this is rare. 

Dragon clan - After the fall of the Dragon empire, dragons everywhere were hunted and killed by the magic-kind. Those who survived, gathered together and referred to themselves as a 'clan' due to their small numbers. 

Dragon-kind - Dragon shifters, believed to be extinct. Before their loss of power, they were the most powerful species to exist. 

Dragon-kind elders - The oldest surviving dragons. They know a great many things and are highly regarded by the ruling family of Dragomirs. They act as advisors to the rulers. 

Dragon Empire - The empire that existed a millenium ago. It was ruled by the Dragomirs. The empire fell when the dragons were overthrown by the magic-kind.