Chapter twenty-one

Chapter twenty one: he won't hurt me.

***

If it all goes wrong, oh oh ohh, darling just hold on..

The sun goes down and it comes back up,
The world it turns no matter what..

Ohhh ohh ohh, if it al goes wrong,
Darling, just hold on.

Listening to music gave me motivation, especially those with great messages. With everything's going on, Noah enrolled me in another school without my permission.

Stupid, right?

I was so annoyed with him that I decided to walk at twelve in the morning, and I never walk that late. I don't walk normally, except when I'm really, really mad. I've gotten to the point where I'm wishing if I stayed with Chase's family.

I haven't spoken to Chase ever since our argument, he thought I left him but little did he know; I'm not dumb to do that. So what if I moved? Friends still see each other, and who said when I turn eighteen, I'm still going to be living with Noah? Even before I set my foot out of Eleanor's house, I knew that once I turn eighteen, I'm living on my own, and maybe, I'd invite Chase to live with me; because, why not?

Walking back home, I was relaxed. Maybe I'll walk at midnight more often, because it calmed me down. I smiled at the receptionist, and mumbled a hello. "Hold on."

I stopped, and turned my head to him. "What's up?"

"I'm calling the police, and I need a witness," he replied.

My eyes widened with horror, "w-why?"

"This guy over there has been standing there for hours," he pointed at someone who was standing on the other side of the road. "It's unbelievable, and kind of creepy."

"Kind of? That is so creepy," I whispered, I noticed his black hoodie, and the black sweatpants, he had his hoodie up, and it was hard to see his features.

"Just wait here," he went behind the desk, and grabbed the phone.

"Sure," I nodded. I narrowed my eyes at him, and then he turned around to talk to someone. My eyes widened at him, what was he doing here?

Remember when I told you about the guy that used me?

Yep, that was him.

How did I know? 'Davis' was written in the back of his hoodie, his last name is Davis. I've been avoiding his calls, and now he showed up to m-

Wait, how did he know that I moved here?

"Ma'am, are you okay?" Security appeared.

"Yeah," I nodded. "Did you call the police?"

"Yes, they're on the way," he replied.

"I'll talk to him," I walked but then got stopped by the receptionist.

"Are you nuts? What if he's carrying a weapon?" His eyes widened. "I'm not risking your life."

"He won't hurt me," I said.

"And how would you know that?" He asked.

"Because he's my ex boyfriend," I answered him.

"And I called the police on him? Why didn't-"

I interrupted him, "because I didn't recognize him until he turned around."

I walked over to him, and stood behind him. "Drew?"

He turned around slowly, "Scarlett Adams."

Drew was the only person in the world to call me by my first and last name, I let him call me that.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I moved back here," he shrugged. "I went to your old house, but Leo told me that you moved out, you're not eighteen, are you?"

"I am seventeen," I replied. "I'm living with my brother."

"Brother? Last time I checked you didn't count any of the Peterson's boys as brothers," he laughed.

"My half brother," I bit my lips. Looking at Drew, he did not look like a bad guy at all, he looked like a guy who can take care of a girl. His curly brown hair, dark brown eyes, and he looked like a good man. "Why did you come her Andrew?"

"I want to talk to you," he said. "Please let me talk to you, I know... you have every right to be mad at me, but hear me out please."

"Please don't be cliché, everything in my life is turning into cliche," I groaned.

"No, no," he shook his head. "Just hear me out, let's go up to your condo?"

"Sure, but it's late and my brother will freak out when he comes back," Noah had a night shift for the first time, and that is why I was allowing Drew to come up to the condo with me.

As I led him inside, I told the receptionist to apologize and tell them that it was a false alarm. We went up to our condo, and I unlocked the door.

We got into the condo, and we sat in the living room. "So, hurry up and tell me."

"I'm not here to tell you that I like you," he began. "I like you but as friends. I came here because I regretted the way I used you, and I put you through shit even when you were already going through shit."

"And you want me to forgive you? It's not happening," I shook my head. "Everyone regrets when they make mistakes, but it's hard to forgive when you've been really hurt. Do not wait for me to forgive you just because you regretted using me, I'm a human; I'm not an object. You had a brain back then too, why didn't you think of the consequences?"

I just couldn't find it in my heart to forgive him, until he gives me a solid reason.

***

Woah, I don't know if you guys remember but at the very start, I did mention that she had a boyfriend who used her. If you still don't remember, you can read chapter one again. >.<.

Thank you!

Please vote and comment 🥺

***