Chapter 1

Monday, September 1st

Taking a deep breath, Y/N grabbed tightly the straps of her plain backpack and exited her house. She was nervous to attend her new school. For her, moving from Busan to Seoul wasn't easy, and she still couldn't accept the fact that her old house was sold to some other family.

After a fifteen-minute walk, she finally reached her destination; her new school. Filling her lungs with air, and then quickly letting it all out, she took a deep breath. Y/N felt determined to make at least one new friend for the day. So closing her eyes tightly and letting go of the black straps of her bag, she walked into the building.

The first thing she had to do was to go to the office and grab her schedule.

She went to the High School office and asked for her schedule, "Hello I'm the new student, An Y/N." she greeted the workers, bowing politely, "I'm here to grab my schedule," she added.

"Oh, sure, dear! Here it is!" a lady who seemed to be in her mid-30s smiled at her, and slid the two stapled papers across the desk. The young girl grabbed them as she smiled back at the worker, and peeked at the lady's ID to see her name.

"Thank you, Ms. Choi, have a nice day!" Y/N said as she exited the office, closing the door behind herself. Her locker number was 334, and she had no idea where to look for it, so she asked a random guy that was passing by, "Excuse me, do you know where is locker number 334?" 

The guy's chummy smile reached his eyes as he replied. "My locker is number 333, so we can go together! I was about to put my books back anyway!" 

He seemed to have a really vivacious and welcoming personality. It's rare to find these types of people, at least according to Y/N's opinion. She noticed his hair, they were blonde, her mind drifting off into the thoughts of curiosity, 'Why would he dye his hair?' she thought since she believes that everything has its reason.

Not that it was a big deal, a person could simply dye their hair because they just wanted to, but Y/N never really understood why'd someone ruin their hair just to look 'better'. It was one of her many weird life questions.

"What? Are you perhaps wondering why did I dye my hair?" he assumed, that grin not leaving his face.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! Is it weird to wonder about that? I think about it all the time when I see people with colourful hair..." Y/N explained, feeling embarrassed for staring at him like a lost puppy. She really hoped it didn't make him feel uncomfortable.

"It's ok, you will find out soon why I dyed my hair! Anyone ends up doing so anyway..." he laughed as Y/N wore a puzzled look upon her face, obviously not understanding what the latter meant. "Here we are," he announced, pointing at her locker.

"Thank you, Blondie!" she chimed, making him raise a brow as he looked at her, holding back a smile, but not for too long. As a grin smile escaped his lips, followed by his beautiful laugh, he stuck out his arm for a hand-shake, and Y/N gladly accepted it. His laugh felt like a song for her, it was so pure and lively.

"I'm Park Jihoon!" the guy finally introduced himself, and for some reason, that beaming face of his really did something to the speed of Y/N's heart beating. 

That's a nice name...

"I'm Y/N, An Y/N!" she replied, both of them letting go of each other's hand, "My first class is science and my teacher is Mrs. Choe, do you know where's her classroom?" she asked, looking at her schedule as with narrowed eyes.

"Yes, but sadly I have P.E now, so seems like we won't have this class together. But that's fine, I'll lead the way!" Y/N nodded and followed Jihoon.