Wild Night (Dick & Selena POV)

*PART 90 GUYS!!*

-Details and setup in the last part. This is how the hold-up went from Selena & Dick's POV-
-I hope you've read it, cause jumping RIGHT into it-

"I'll be back shortly." He hastened towards the wave of children slipping out the side door, loosening his tie at he jogged. 
They're really conspicuous if you know what to look for.

She bent over to look the boy in the face. "Hi Richard, how is your night?" He mumbled something she couldn't hear. "Can you speak up, sweetie?"

"Dick."

It took her a second to put two and two together. "Oh, do you want me to call you Dick?" He nodded shyly. "Do you want to sit down?" She drew out a chair. He clambered up.

"Th'nk you."

She downed her champagne  glass and put in out of the way. "Do you like kitty cats, Dick?"

"Yes." He was spoke shyly.

"What's your favorite kind of cat?"

Dick thought long and hard. "A tiger."

"Ooh, tigers are beautiful, aren't they?"

"They're awesome." Dick got a little bit more enthusiastic, opening up.

"Do you like black kitties?"

"Yeah! They're pretty!" He smiled.

Selena pretended to think for a few seconds. "Do you like Tabbies; the stripy cats?"

"Yeah!" He grinned."They're like little tigers!"

"How about orange kitties?"

"Lion!"  He grinned.

She chuckled at his adorable naivety. "Do you want to see pictures of my cats?" She took out her phone.

"YEAH!"

"Her name is Isis, she's named after an Egyptian goddess."

"Old? How old?"

"She's four years old, to she's sixteen in cat years."

"Damian' almost sixteen!"

"Yeah?"

"Yeah! And Tim is twelve and Jason is not-ten... nine!" He explained.

"How old are you, Dick?"

He had to count the English numbers on his fingers. He held up six fingers. "Seven!"

She smiled patiently. "Do you mean six?"

"...yes..." he got quiet for a minute or so. She was scared he was going to cry, he really looked like it. He sniffled a little. "Where's Bruce?"

"He's busy right now, Dick. Can I help?"

"... More pictures?"

"Sure!"

They spent the next few minutes working through her photo gallery of cat pictures when the lights were cut.
Selena bit her lower lip, whoever they were, the bats clearly hadn't stopped them yet. Dick looked up at her with his huge terrified eyes. 
"Dick, I need you to be really quiet, okay?" She held a finger to her painted lips, shushing him. "I need you to do exactly what I do." He nodded a little. She lowered herself to the floor, hiking up her shimmery black gown and half-crawling towards the side door. Dick was following her to the edge of the room. She stood in the dark hallway, watching a flit of Barbra's red hair dart out of a door at the end of the hall. and dart out of sight. She Grabbed Dick's hand and put the other on the wall to help her guide herself down the hall.