The 74th Hunger Games (FanFiction) Chapter 1... Morning in Twelve

AN: So, I kinda got writer's block with the MR FanFicton. I decided I would try a Hunger Games one while I get over it. On with the story even though no one's reading this!

Chapter 1... Morning In Twelve

My eyes flew open as the light shone through the grimy window in my bleak room. (AN: Huh. Sounds like my room.)

I stood, and stretched, my back cracking from stiffness. I tossed on a brown long sleeve t-shirt, some black leggings, and my combat boots that were my sister's. Notice I said 'were'. My sister died in the games seven years ago (AN: I'm doing a lot of sibling loss. Argen lost her brother now this...). I have a little brother, his name is Lake.  He has brown hair and blue eyes.

Tomorrow is reaping day. My best friends and I are 'celebrating' today so we can be with our families tomorrow. After all, it could be one of the last times we see them. My best friends are Lily and Jasper. Though Lily is only a year younger that me, I treat her like my little sister. I would do anything for them.

I guess I should say my name now. My name is Juniper Wayland. Call me anything but June and you won't live to see the next day. Just saying.

We live in District Twelve (AN: It's my favorite district. I know it's where Katniss came from, I just like twelve, okay?!?) My friends and I got to the woods to supply for our families. Jasper and I are seventeen, and Lily is sixteen. Jasper is really good at tracking and identifying animals. Lily is good at identifying plants of all kinds. I can do both, but not nearly as well as those two. The only thing I have to offer to the group is my weapon skills. I can make a weapon out of almost anything Dirt. I throw it in someone's eyes and run. A rock. Knock 'em upside the head.

But seriously, we live off the woods. It's become a part of us. It's been a part of my life since I was a baby. My father would take me out beyond the gates to the unknown forest. But he was discovered, and was executed. They almost killed my mother. I've been teaching Lake to hunt, but he doesn't enjoy it much.

The three of bus look like a part of the woods. Jasper with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. Lily with her water-blue eyes and sandy hair. I have really dark brown hair and forest green eyes with brown and blue flecks. I've been told my hair looks black at times.

I walk down the stairs of my small house, and walk outside. My things are in the forest. I dash to the fence, checking to make sure it isn't electrified. It isn't, as always. Slipping between the wires, I jogged through the woods, not making a sound. I soon found the tree where my things were hidden. I pulled my dagger, bow, quiver, leather jacket, and shoulder-bag. I pulled the piece of bread from my pocket, and slipped it in the bag.

I pull on the bag, and knock an arrow. I stalk through the woods, my eyes darting around, looking for something to take as my prize. I heard a twig snap behind me, and I turned, ready to release my arrow. Instead of what I though was a deer was actually Jasper.

"I give up! Don't shoot!" he says, grinning. I roll my eyes and lower my bow. "Moron. I almost shot you in the eye," I muttered. I heard a chuckle from above. I look up. "Oh, hey Lily. When'd you get here?" Jasper asks. "I've been following June," she answered innocently, sliding down the trunk of an oak tree. "So that's why I didn't see any birds..." I tease. Lily whacks me lightly on the arm. I smirk.

For the rest of the day, we would get kills, insult each other, have fun, goof off, trade at the Hob. You get it. If I had one wish, I'd wish for my sister to be here with me right now.

But this isn't a fairytale, and there are no happy endings in my world.

Liv: So? How is is, Nobody?
Nobody: Horrible!
Liv: I couldn't agree more.
If someone is reading this, COMMENT! As always, let me know what you think, and tell me if you want more of this crap or something else. Even if you don't like this one, I think I might write more 'cause this was fun to write. Thanks and bye!