All is Fair In Love and War

Morgianna's words lit a fire inside each of the people present. They had never met her until that day but they could see why Fafnir stayed by her side. She showed courage in the face of danger, her belief that they could and would win lifting their spirits higher than they had been in years.

As if the dogs of hell themselves were at their feet the room sprung into motion. Fergus and Finian throwing quick apologies before rushing out to tell everyone they would be finally attacking. Morgianna heard the words "one week... Has to be enough." Just as they practically sprinted out of the room.

Queen Eingana had drifted closer her eyes set on Myra as if she were a prize. "Tell me, how long have you been in love with my son? Should I expect grandkids in a few years?" Her eyes were sparkling as she reached out and grasped Myra's hands in her own.

Myra on the other hand was as red as a tomato. She threw a look at Fafnir but found the man just as red and she was. "Mother... We are not together." He forced the words out as if they were difficult to say.

Finally taking her eyes off of Myra, Queen Eingana gave her son a withering look. "You have been around this woman for years with her in love with you and you have not made a move... Are you stupid? Where did I go wrong in raising you?" She pouted as if she were truly wounded by Fafnir not being in a relationship with Myra.

Seeing his mother frowning Fafnir went into panic mode. "It's not that, I just haven't had time to ask her to be with me." The moment the words left his mouth his face flushed an even darker red. Myra's head had snapped in his direction a look of hope written on her face.

The Queen however was ecstatic and was unafraid to show her joy. "Good! Should I start planning a wedding? What a joyful day to gain two daughters when all I had was stinky boys. As my oldest son it is your responsibility to give me grandbabies, I'm not getting any younger you know."

She was like her own force, talking so quickly nobody could get a word in. By the time she had taken a breather the whole room was once again thrown into silence. Instead of impending doom they were hearing the sounds of wedding bells. "Umm mother.. If she does decide to be with me then I would like to take the time to nurture our relationship... Not immediately get married." Fafnir was scratching his neck looking everywhere but at his mother.

Queen Eingana was grinning ear to ear paying no mind to the awkward situation she had created. Myra was still being held by the Queen and could not escape her grasp. When she tried to pull her hands free gently Eingana only squeezed tighter. "Tell me dear, are you going to be with my son?" Up close Myra could see the Queen's eyes glimmering with mischief and they were locked right on her.

She wanted to hide her burning face but she couldn't move a muscle. She took a sideways glance at Fafnir and saw him struggling to form words, his eyes locked on her and his mother. "It is true that I do love him.."

The moment those words left her lips Queen Eingana pulled her into a bone-crushing hug. "I knew it, so as soon as all this mess is sorted we have so much to plan!" Just like her sons she said her piece and was gone just as quickly. Her colorful robes disappearing out the door leaving Myra, Fafnir, and Morgianna the only people left in the room.

The moment the sound of steps receded Morgianna burst into laughter, tears streaming down her face. "Oh man, that was priceless. It makes me wish I had a camera. Myra your face as you admitted your love,  and Faffy I didn't know you were such a mommas boy. I hope y'all know she is already picking out flowers for the big day." Morgianna could hardly breathe as she wheezed out words between giggling fits.

She had wished to see the two finally admit their feelings to each other for almost the past year. It kind of upset her that is took Fafnir's mother to finally push them to the point of voicing it.

Fafnir moved quickly and clamped a hand around Morgianna's mouth stifling her giggles. His breathing was coming in fast as if any minute he would hyperventilate. "Please s-stop. I was going to get around to it, mother just has a way of figuring things out and pushing people past their own readiness."

He finally turned his attention to Myra who seemed lost in thought as she stared at the floor. "I did mean what I said though... If you will have me that is." His voice was quiet but Myra still heard him.

Lifting her eyes to meet Fafnir's, the tear tracks running down her cheeks became visible. "I have wished to hear you tell me you wanted me for so long... It doesn't feel real." Her voice broke at the end and more tears streamed down her cheeks.

Fafnir could hardly control his body seeing the woman he just confessed his feelings for crying. He stepped closer to her slowly, letting her know she could move away at any time. "It is real and I will spend the rest of my life proving it to you if that is what it takes." He put his forehead on hers and closed his eyes.

Seeing such a cute scene made Morgianna feel slightly lonely, she may be 12 in this body but she was almost 30 years old and had never had a real boyfriend. She decided to give the two love birds some privacy and slipped away while they were distracted.

....

Wondering down the tunnels Morgianna walked with no destination in mind. Her thoughts were occupied with how she was alone her last life and how she was probably destined to be alone in this one too.

"Death." She called out to the being she knew was always nearby.

"I am not some glorified being that you can call when you are lonely. Get some friends." His raspy voice sounded from behind her and Morgianna felt the smile she had lost forming back on her lips.

She turned slowly her eyes already ready to start batting. "Are you saying we aren't friends? Here I thought we shared something special since you are always stopping in."

He pinched his nose and shook his head clearly exasperated with her. "I stop in so that you do not kill unnecessarily and create more work for me."

She could hear the truth in his words but she felt like over the years he had softened up to her and wasn't as angry looking when he saw her face.

As much as she enjoyed their little spats there was actually a reason she called him. "Could you tell me if the death toll will be high tomorrow? I have not seen many beings around for me to check with my eye." She turned serious as she looked into Death's eyes. Once upon a time she would not have dared to start him in the eye, but she needed answers.

"I am not supposed to disclose such matters with mere mortals." His voice was cold but she thought she caught a hint of worry. "I will tell you this, the beings you will fight are not the same as the necromancer. Whatever she did in her experiments did not fully release the soul but has kept it imprisoned. They are dead but not dead at the same time, true death will be their only release."  He swished his cloak and disappeared from sight leaving Morgianna once again alone.

She did not get the exact answers she wanted and now had more questions, but she knew he helped in his own way.

Turning around she finally knew where she wanted to be, and that was planning for war.

__________________
Word count before note: 1371

I'm sorry it isn't longer, 1 out of 5 finals completed!

 Finally Fafnir and Myra are moving up in the love department. Will they be strong enough to make it last through all the trials that are still set to head their way or is their love meant to die out like the flame of a match? Only time will tell! Also, I was thinking of having more random interactions between Death and Morgianna, thoughts?

We are maybe about 2/3rd of the way through the story so if I keep on track I should be finished by some time in July! Fingers crossed.

Don't forget to like, comment, and share! ❤