Chapter 26 - The Lake

After the peaceful you and the other's had, it was time to be up and moving once again. It was around midday when you and the others reached a lake, which has frozen over. Across from it, lied a house that wasn't even built.

Arvo: Is there. Across.

Kenny: That piece of shit? It's half built.

Jane: We only came for supplies.

Y/N: Is there any other to get across. I really don't want to go across this lake.

Jane: We should've stuck to the treeline.

Bonnie: It's not far. Just been on the lookout.

We got closer to the lake.

Arvo: Is okay. Walk. Ice.

Kenny: Yeah, we can see that. That's our problem.

Clementine: We shouldn't clump together.

Jane: Good idea. We need to spread out.

Kenny: Alright. We'll let the ruskie go first, since he's so confident.

Everyone started walking across. Arvo then began to run so Kenny and Mike ran after him. You soon heard ice cracking and you turned around to see Luke standing a big crack in the ice. Bonnie started to walk towards him.

Luke: Don't come over here. I can make it. It's... it's fine.

Bonnie: You sure?

Luke: Yeah.

Walkers started coming.

Bonnie: You got walkers on the way, let me help you!

Luke: It's too dangerous for the both us. I just... I just gotta be-- Ah!

One of his legs fall in. You, Clem, and Bonnie run towards him.

Luke: Stop, STOP! I'm fine! I'm fine!

Clementine: You gotta get out there, Luke!

Luke: Yeah, Clem. I'm working on it!

Bonnie looks at Clem.

Bonnie: You need to help. Just walk over to him, you're light!

Y/N: What? No. Clem, don't listen to her. It's too dangerous and Luke can pull himself out. Just cover him.

Clementine listens to you as she pulls out her gun and starts shooting the walkers. You then see that Bonnie is inching her way towards him.

Y/N: Bonnie, stop! He can pull himself out! You'll just break the ice.

Bonnie: Shut the fuck up! I'm saving him!

Y/N: No, don't!

She doesn't listen to you and soon they both fall under. You heard someone banging on the ice so Clem went over and started breaking it. You tried to warn her not to, but before you know it she falls in, too. You, with the help of Jane, pull her out.

Jane: We need a fire, now! She's gonna fucking freeze to death!

You, her, and Bonnie run towards the house.

Kenny: How the fuck did that happen?!

You all ran inside and Jane sat Clem down near the fireplace. You sat next to her and put an arm around her, not caring if you got wet.

Mike: He's just gone... Luke's fucking gone. We should've gone around...

Kenny: Goddammit!

Clementine: It's... it's my fault... I... should of... walked... over to... him.