Chapter 15

_Chapter 15_

Elliot Warren

"We'll be off, sweetie," Mom pressed a kiss on my cheek, making me cringe instantly. "Make sure to behave, you understand? Take care and don't refuse any help!"

"Mom, I'm not a little child anymore" I rolled my eyes and waved her away in discomfort.

"Yeah, yeah," she nodded.

Today was one of the very few days that my parents drove me to school. And I could see that they were still feeling uneasy about leaving after what happened a couple days ago. The only reason Mom didn't call it off was because she trusted Livia a lot and the business trip was not something she could easily miss out on.

"You'll be fine, right? I left you some money in case you plan to go anywhere. And look at your phone every evening. We'll be calling you," Dad said and ruffled my hair before he helped me get out the car and handed me my school bag.

"Calling once is enough," I huffed in annoyance. Mom was ready to spout another of her worrying words when I stopped her instantly. "It's just two days, relax please. I'll call if anything happens and I don't expect to get poisoned. Now if you don't mind, I'm unwillingly forced to attend class."

She just sighed and put her hands on her hips, shaking her head in disappointment. "Always the same with you." Her voice sounded a little upset and pettish when she get back in the car. Meanwhile, Dad was still staring at me but Mom lost her patience and barked at him to get in. "Hurry we don't want to annoy our oh so grown up child anymore."

Ugh, I flinched at her harsh tone, instantly feeling sorry for my Dad who had to put up with her attitude for the next hours. And by his sigh, I knew he was already prepared for it when he threw an irritated glance at me for causing it. "Take care, okay?"

I nodded and watched him getting in the car. I could see from the windshield how he waved me goodbye while Mom ignored my sight. I just chuckled and shook my head at her childish behavior when I turned in the direction of the schools entrance.

But the moment I actually entered I noticed how everyone was staring at me. And no, I don't mean that 'oh-the-disabled-kid' look, I mean that stare. It made me really uncomfortable and confused.

Did something happened? Did I do anything weird? These stares weren't normal at all. They watched every simple move, just like opening my locker to get a book out, it was frustrating that they even made it so obvious. Some of them even whispered loud enough for me to catch a part of their conversation.

"It's him, right? I can't believe it!" A male voice said.

"Right?! When I saw it, I was mesmerized!" And another one.

"Who is it from? Do you think it was...," This time it was a female. And the most triggering part was that the name she said, was the only thing I couldn't catch up on.

"No, it can't be. I heard they hated each other." Who were they talking about? Was it Ricky? He was the only one in this context that made at least a little bit of sense since I don't associate with others apart from him, Christo and Derek. Maybe some of my classmates here and there but none with a relation ship close enough that could cause such assumptions.

"Hey Elliot!" The sudden greeting startled me when my eyes instinctively landed on Christo who was unusually beaming at me.

"Hey," I frowned, my voice emanating deep suspicion. "You know what is going on here?"

"What do you mean? Did anything happened?" He was definitely playing dumb with me. He knew what was up, especially by how he was grinning. Anyway before I was able to persuade him to tell me anything, the school bell already rang. "I'll see ya," he winked, making me frown even more.