7|The good-looking chef

The good looking chef

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"So, here's my special spaghetti my lady." Jungkook presents a plate of spaghetti to you. You look up to him with hope-filled eyes, showing your gratitude through them.

Jungkook laughs at your adorable face as he watched you dig into the food. Taehyung however, was staring at you with awe but not showing from the outside how much he found it endearing to see you fill your stomach.

"I swear to god, I thought I would die of hunger!" You moan and roll a huge portion of the spaghetti on your chopsticks.

"Well, well I would take that as a compliment that I'm an amazing cook!" Jungkook speaks in a boyish manner, tone lingering with confidence.

"She didn't say anything nice though. She said she is going to die out of hunger." You both turn to see the man speaking. You blink a few times before staring at Jungkook with a mouth full of food.

Both you and Jungkook fall into a fit of giggles right after. "Well, Mr Taetae, what did I say about these sentence not being literal!"

He shakes his head, and you swore it has to be the most adorable, a grown man can look. He isn't even trying yet you are practically busting all the inaudible uwus. "You are weird, indeed." He concludes.

Jungkook shakes his head. "She's perfectly fine! Let me go grab some more, seems like you already finished it." He smiles towards your direction before getting up with your empty plate. You return a smile to the young chef.

Taehyung remained seated observing the interaction that is considered normal. He envied the reciprocal smile on both of your faces. Why did he have to be so defective for not able to even crack a smile? The smile he adored on you, can be returned by Jungkook but not him.

He wasn't sure how the envy thing worked. He often found himself having a stingy feeling around his heart whenever V bragged about being able to lead a normal life, when people could talk with ease with Jungkook, and when his father and his family doted on V. However, the sting around his heart seemed to be stronger when he saw you communicating with Jungkook and how easy and normal it is between you two. Something I wished but could never possibly achieve. He thinks sadly.

"Tae? Do you want some?" You nicely ask, Taehyung simply shook his head.

Jungkook returned. "Now tell me how did you catch her?" Jungkook forwards to Taehyung, not caring if you were in the same room. "Like, damn, Hyung I'm proud of you!"

"Excuse me? It was other way round actually! I'm the one who grabbed him and not letting him go!" You counter.

The words hit Taehyung slightly differently. Although you and Jungkook took it lightly, the thought of you not leaving his side made his heart ponder. He was sure he had developed heart problems by now. I need to talk to Jiah about it and ask her to call a doctor for me to do a checkup. He mentally makes a note.

You decide to narrate the entire story of how you mistook V and Taehyung to be the same person. In the midst of your narration, one eye that never left you was Taehyung's. He admired how you laughed, how your eyebrows raised every time when an exciting part came. He felt like he was observing an art piece that was very endearing to look at.