Chapter 19-Red Wings

Word Count: 2,306

Dawn Turner

I don't feel bad for Alexander.

Not in the slightest.

I don't care if that makes me rude or a bad person or whatever. I acknowledge that I was wrong about that one particular accident at the gallery yesterday but that doesn't make Alexander any less of a monster.

I know he thinks what I was the one that started the whole fight between us when I hit him first at the convenience store but what else would you have done if a 6 foot tall fallen angel appeared right in front of you and killed 3 men, granted they were criminals, with the flick of his fingers?

I was certainly not going to kiss his hands and thank him.

For God's sake, I was terrified.

Not to mention, what happened that day at the convenience store was not an excuse for him to be following me around for all this time, basically terrorizing me, hurting me both physically and mentally and then expecting me to feel bad for calling him a monster.

He is a monster.

And now Skylar is dragging me along with her to a Halloween festival that I just know Alexander will show up to because of the promise he made.

He was actually planning to make my life a living hell and I wasn't excited for it.

I was planning on ditching Skylar and her festival idea but there is no humanly explanation I can give Skylar to get out of this one. She already discussed her plans with my mom so I will have to tag along now.

I even tried to use the period excuse but she was so adamant on making me go and didn't budge at all to my argument.

All I know is that if I have to go to this Halloween festival no matter what, I'm certainly not going to go there defenseless.

I know I'm dumb but I'm not THAT dumb.

I was carrying a giant bag stuffed with holy water, a bunch of knives and a crucifix. I would be lying if I said I wasn't debating placing a pan in there as well.

I heard Skylar yell out to me from down stairs. "Dawn, let's go!" I grabbed my bag, making my way down the stairs.

Whatever Alexander has in mind, I'm ready for it.

The drive to the festival was more nerve-wracking than I had hoped it would be. Part of me felt more safe with the equipment I brought but another part of me doubted that anything I had would be close to enough to protect me from Alexander.

I'm guessing Skylar didn't notice my bag until we exited the car and started walking towards the entrance of the festival because she started eyeing me weirdly.

"Why does your bag look so heavy? Did you bring weapons with you or something?" She laughed in confusion. I let out a nervous chuckle.

Yes I did, actually.

"I just brought some medicine, food, and water with me because I'm on my period." I explained.

Yes I was pulling the period card yet again.

Skylar was seemingly convinced to my luck.

In my defense, if I showed her what I had in my bag she would probably think I'm performing an exorcism tonight.

Skylar was dressed as a hot nurse and had a bat in her hand for some reason while I was dressed up as a cat. I was too lazy to actually put in the effort to go shopping for a costume so I just wore a random black outfit and drew whiskers on my face.