13

I can see you hurting
I've been through the same thing
Baby, don't you worry,
I got you.

--

Her breath sent a ticklish sensation to his neck, as she snuggled closer, getting comfortable in his embrace. Her flowery scent, filling his nostrils.

TJ looked down at the totally knocked out girl, curled in a skinny ball in his arms. Emitting soft snores and slight sounds from her nostrils, which gave a clear message that she had a runny nose.

He'd watched her for minutes since they were chauffeured into their ride by an old cheerful man, who showed nothing but care and concern towards Chimdi.

She'd slept off right in his arms, on the dressing room's cold floor, before they were alerted that their ride was around. She'd clung to him, refusing to let go, though totally knocked out. They'd met Antni on their way out, who only gave him a nod, before disappearing into the long illuminating corridor.

His mind drifted back to the dressing room. He'd seen loads of females cry, consoled them, while trying not to lose his shit, but watching her cry had unnerved him. He'd felt restless and useless as she cried. Totally confused on what to do. He hated being useless in dire situations. Her situation had taken him back to his mother, on her sick bed.

Drained of life, her once radiant brown skin had taken the form of a dried up tree bark. Her heart warming scent had vanished and she only smelt of antiseptics and drugs, like she'd been bathed in them and her once beautiful face that lit up his day, made him feel like he'd wronged his creator.

He'd watched her give him a tired smile, holding his hands and willing him to be strong, while his 12 year old self had stared back, a perpetual lump on his dry throat and itching eyes due to excessive crying, helpless as he watched cancer steal her away from him.

That day had proved that, some things were not meant to be recovered. And just as he watched Chimdi break down, he'd tried to make her stop, get her to talk, but all she did was cling to him, and bared her soul in liquid torrents. While he stared, unable to offer help or make her stop. Helpless again.

He felt her stir, snuggling closer as she let out small whimpers.

He watched her, face bared of makeup and freshly scrubbed, damp with tears. Eye bags totally visible, as she emitted shaky breaths and sniffed inter breaths.

Even in her present state, she was still breathtakingly beautiful.

He watched her long damp lashes fan her face, small lips in a pout as she lay peaceful. And again he thought, what must have made her breakdown in such manner.

His thoughts were interrupted by his ringing tone. He reached out, cautiously, trying not to wake Chimdi up. Successfully, he picked up his phone. Checked the caller ID.

"Hey Man." Jiki's voice came through.

"Wassup?"

"Finally. I've been trying to reach Chimdi, the party got cancelled. What happened?"

"What Party? Her phone is probably switched off." answered TJ with a totally bemused expression.

"Ginika called to cancel the aftershoot party. Said she's not feeling too well. How's she?"

"She's asleep. Guess she was totally stressed out." TJ covered up immediately.

He had a feeling telling Jiki about her breakdown, won't sit well with her.

"I guess. Make sure she takes some meds before going to bed." TJ nodded. Before figuring out that Jiki wasn't there.

"Sure. See you on Monday?"