part fourteen

hannah's pov

i woke up to a loud knocking sound and fluttered my eyes open, coming back to the realization that i was still at jj's house. i had slept on the couch after making the assumption that the room i had once stayed in belonged to john b. i didn't feel comfortable to help myself to the bed again.

i sat up when the knocking persisted and i realized it was coming from the front door. with no sign of jj coming out of his room, i began to walk over to where the loud sound was coming from.

i opened the door and my breath hitched as i looked at the police officer that stood in front of me.

"good morning sheriff," i sputtered out, my heart beginning to race.

"good morning uh.." he trailed off, i realized he was looking for my name.

"hannah," i stated, extending my hand to him.

"right yes, hannah," he said. "i'm looking for jj, is he here?"

out of the corner of my eye i saw movement from the kitchen and i glanced over for a moment. jj was standing there waving his hand in front of his neck and shaking his head.

"no he's not here at the moment," i tried my best to confidently say.

"then you're in his house alone?" the sheriff asked skeptically.

"correct," i stated, slowly nodding my head.

"and why is that?" he questioned.

"well you see," i began, racking my brain of some possible excuse to why i'd be here alone, "i'm his girlfriend."

"his girlfriend?" the sheriff repeated.

"yup," i smiled, sweetly. good god what have i gotten myself into.

"alright then, well just... when he comes back tell him i stopped by, would you?" he said.

"of course, have a good day officer," i replied before shutting the door. i let out a deep breath i didn't realize i had been holding, closing my eyes for a moment.

"girlfriend huh?" jj's voice appeared behind me.

i turned around and slapped his chest, "what the hell was that? why'd you make me lie to him?"

"first of all i didn't make you lie to him, you just chose to help me out," he smirked, "and secondly i do think you owe me one." i pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed.

"why was he here anyways?" i asked, curious to see if jj was in some sort of trouble.

"well wouldn't you like to know princess," he sarcastically said, "but if i remember correctly you're the one that owes me a truth, not the other way around."

"jj-" i began.

"its fine, forget it," he said, turning back towards the kitchen and opening the fridge.

"you know when a girl usually spend the night i would offer her breakfast but it seems that i have no food at the moment," he said.

"oh god jj," i chuckled, covering my red face with my hands. he turned back around to me, smiling knowing that his comment had made me blush.

"well, i guess i'll take you home now," he stated. i nodded and followed him out the door.

"fuck," he hissed, once we arrived in the yard.

"what?"

"ki must have taken the van to leave last night," he groaned. "uhh.." he looked around before laying his eyes on something. "ever been on a dirt bike?"

"a dirt bike?" i repeated.

"yup," he said, walking over to the red bike that was propped up against the side of the house.

"you can't be serious," i mumbled.

"would you like to walk all the way back to figure eight princess?" he smirked, as he hoisted his leg over the seat and sat down on the bike. he grabbed the helmet that was lying on the ground and held it out in front of me.

i looked at his skeptically before snatching it and pulling it over my head. i extended my leg over the bike and sat behind him.

"your gonna need to hold on," he said, i could tell he was smirking without even looking at him. what was with him and smirking all the damn time?

i quickly told him where to go before wrapping my arms loosely around his waist. i instantly gripped onto him tighter once we began to move, making him chuckle.

after he pulled up in front of my house i released my tight grip on him and stood up from the bike.

"thank you," i said, sliding the helmet off of my head and handing it back to him, "for everything i mean."

"yeah yeah," he said, smiling and rolling his eyes, "this changes nothing kook."

i frowned at his comment before grinning again, "whatever asshole," i joked.

"try and stay out of trouble," he said, "don't feel like savin ya again."

i flipped him off at that. "aren't you the one that needs to stay out of trouble?" i teased, referring to the events from this morning with the sheriff.

"you don't know the least of it princess," he said before kicking the break on his bike and riding off again. i just shook my head and smiled to myself as i watched him ride off.

i couldn't wrap my mind around what just happened in the last 24 hours. i laid down on my pillow once i entered my room and drifted to sleep with my thoughts focused on the blonde haired boy who i just couldn't seem to figure out.