Suzie, Do You Copy? (pt. iii)

Part 3!!!

———————

"......And I cant fight this feeling anymooooree...."

The song playing in the background of Mike and Dylan's make out session was pretty adept to the circumstances. Dylan had Mike in his lap, the teens holding each other's faces as they kissed.

What they didn't know was that Billy was across the hall from them in his room laying on his bed with a cigarette in his mouth, currently freaking the fuck out. He was mumbling over of the speech he and Steve had prepared and his nerves grew more and more with each passing second as he forgot the coming words with everyone one he spoke.

"Why it's important to establish these boundaries....." the man murmured to himself, sounding as unnerved as he was feeling. "....moving forward so we can create an environment.....where you feel comfortable and trusted and open...."

His mind blanked completely.

Billy furrowed his eyebrows. What the fuck came next?

He closed his eyes, trying to Will himself not to look at the letter. Remember, remember.....

".....Shit," he grumbled, looking at the paper half crumpled in his hand. Fuck the rules. He's a Hargrove—and Hargroves have no rules.

.....and yet here he was, trying to establish some.

Billy sighed blearily, rubbing at his face. Whatever; he'd written a separate letter that he planned on giving Dylan later after he got the little SD to leave. One that would show his true feelings on the matter—why he was actually scared of having his little brother grow up.

And growing out of the stage of needing Billy in his life.

That was what truly terrified him the most—that the last person who he felt relied on him would forget to care about him. Because Billy needed a purpose.

He needed to feel wanted.

And without Dylan, who would that be? Certainly not Max or anyone else in the family....who could really want him around?

His mind drifted off to Steve.....

Billy felt his lips quirk up. Harrington.

If everything went well tonight, Steve Harrington would be another person to rely on. To rely on himself.

Which meant that everything had to go according to plan with this little heart-to-heart; because he couldn't afford to lose two important prospects in his life—not when one of them was starting to shit into something more.....special.

Billy huffed in determination, springing to his feet. He could do this—he could definitely do this. He was gonna do this.

Blowing out the last plume of smoke from his mouth, billy crushed the cig on his ashtray and put the speech into his breast pocket—he wasn't going to reference it at anytime of course, but it's presence would be a comfort in the utter awkwardness that was sure to come.

Jostling his shoulders like a boxer might, Billy walked up to his brother's room where the music from the radio was still playing loudly. That, he was actually fateful for—he swore if he'd heard his sibling kissing that little raven-haired shitlet, he might actually go insane.

Billy let out a low breath. You can do this, he thought strongly to himself. You're cool, and calm; you've got this. You're ready.

He could practically hear his brain scoff in response.