extra:

My teacher made us were a small dystopian story and so I felt like maybe you guys would like it.
She asked us to be the protagonist and I kinda flipped.
If you guys like it a lot I could make it a book.

Yes, I'm still working on the other short story.

Please enjoy.

Day 6

Many claimed the world ended.
Everything just fell apart. We all thought we'd be able to pick up pieces and try to put our life together but, it didn't end that way. But what would I know personally. I was born 50 years after that. Not even a trace of those who lived those times, well perhaps the older and wise knew, but,
They were usually the ones who created this new place.

This new Government by the name of J Y P.
No one knows what it means or stands for. But all I do know is, they took all our liberty of Speech, assembly, and even entertainment.

There is only one singer we can admire legally, and that is J Y P's president's daughter.

However, there were a few rebel groups here and there. Some called themselves bands, just old friends playing music in the underground. There was a popular one In this secluded city I live in, they call themselves Day6.

A code name on how to refer to them.
I was one of their many secret fans.

They were crazy, they didn't once fear getting caught. They played in the basement of a local bar, which was owned by the group leader. I personally didn't know his name but they occasionally teased him, by calling him Bob the Builder.

It was a band of five members. They all had very different backgrounds; it doesn't make sense,on how they met and agreed in playing in a basement for people who miss music and entertainment.

Occasionally I broke the laws too. Not even my parents knew, I had old albums of singers from like the 2017 era. Justin Bieber, Justin Timberlake, you name them. They were all safely hidden in the old blanket underneath my bed.

And occasionally, I made albums for Day6. I recorded their music and sold it in their live performances.

The members knew I sold them, because they even asked me to keep selling them. Since. It only did they agree with me on pissing off the government, their dream was to become big and famous.

Just like Coldplay once was.

The bassist, I believe his name was Young K from how the other guitarist and vocalist called him that. So I did so as well. Every girl's dream was this guy, just getting a glance from him made your heart get tachycardia. I swear, it's chronic for me now.

The drummer was often just referred to as Drum because there are rumors he could make anything a drum. Even a fork and a table.

Pil, was the nickname of the pianist. He was always nice to me and greeted me every time I'd arrive early. Sometimes he'd even compliment my choice of clothes and ask me to help him choose what to wear on the small podium made from wooden crates.

However,
The one who always caught my attention was Jae.

No,
he wasn't the most handsome guy out there.
But there was something about him that just made you love him.

The way his glasses just landed perfectly on the crook of his nose while he whispered the lyrics into the mic. While strumming the guitar. It felt like he was the very meaning of music itself.

His hair was a soft blond and I had to admit it suited the nickname Chicken little very well. I don't know where that nickname came from but it did.