Unpredictable_Day & Toddler!Reader

[Authors P.O.V]

(Y/N) woke up to the sound of Civilians making a lot of noise. They turned around and saw a line of Civilians at the front. Six other Operatives were there. (Y/N) slowly got down the bed with their blanket in hand and went up towards the Operatives.

"Oh! Good morning (Y/N)!"

(Y/N) stared at the guy in orange clothing. The other Operatives soon noticed (Y/N) had woken up and greeted them.

Unpredictable picked up (Y/N) and wrapped them in the blanket.

"Alright, I got information from Emotionless. The City is all cleared now. And remember, not a single word or else."

The Civilians nodded at the threat, causing Radiant and Unpredictable to look at Scary in confusion.

"So.. what was that threat for, hmm?" Radiant asked.

"None of your business, musician." Scary walked out of the Shelter and off towards somewhere else.

"Seems like someone did something embarrassing, don't you think?"

Radiant chuckled.

"Well, I'm off with (Y/N) now. Bye."

Unpredictable walked off with (Y/N), (Y/N) staring at his mechanical arm, wondering why his arm felt like the Shelter walls.

Unpredictable noticed (Y/N)'s gaze on his arm and arrived at a bench, nobody around. He sat down on the bench and sat (Y/N) on his lap.

"Are you wondering... why my arm feels like this?"

(Y/N) looked up at Unpredictable and nodded.

He smiled lightly at them.

"My arm... it was built..."

(Y/N) slid down Unpredictable's leg and sat down on the floor, getting ready to listen to him.

"At least... I think so. I don't remember."

Unpredictable looked down at his knees.

He suddenly got flashbacks of the crash.

"It's my fault.. it's my fault.. they're gone.... it's all my fault!"

Unpredictable slammed his fist on his knee, slowly tearing up. He wiped it away.

"If only... if only..."

(Y/N) kept listening.

"if only that hadn't happened... if only.."

Unpredictable began taking quick deep breaths and grew more angrier each second. (Y/N) scooted over and wrapped their arms around Unpredictable's leg. He opened his eyes, looking towards (Y/N).

"It be ok, no cry.. oky? It ok."

(Y/N) kept hugging his leg and nuzzled their cheek agaisnt it.

Unpredictable calmed down and looked towards (Y/N). Picking them up and hugging them tightly.

"Ugh.. I'm so pathetic. Crying to a toddler... But.. thank you, (Y/N)."

(Y/N) giggled and hugged him back.

"Well, let's go get some food. Then we'll do something fun."

Unpredictable stood up with (Y/N) in his arms, walking towards Benevolent's bakery.

On his way to the bakery, he greeted Civilians, who walked with him and (Y/N), chatting.

When he arrived, he sat (Y/N) down on one chair and sat right next to them. Benevolent came running with a small menu, gave it to the both of them, and went back to his kitchen.

[...]

The Sun was slowly starting to set, Unpredictable carried Y/N over towards Unstable's blimp. Unstable has made an announcement that he will be driving his blimp and would appreciate it if some Civilians hopped aboard to watch the sunset.

Unstable greeted all Civilians, saw Unpredictable and Y/N, and immediately jumped in excitement.

"OOOO, Y/N want go on blimp and see sun??"

"Duh, why else did we come here for?"

"Shut up Unpredictable, and go in to take seat."

Unpredictable tsked at him, and chuckled at Y/N.

He saw Dynamic, sitting on a chair, his leg over the other and eyes closed, humming to himself.

Unpredictable smiled, going over towards the empty chair next to Dynamic while greeting three other present Operatives.

"Heh, greetings Dynamic."

Dynamic opened his eyes, looked towards Unpredictable, and smiled at both of them.

"Hey Unpredictable, and hello little one!"

He patted Y/N's head and Y/N giggled.

The blimp was drove off of the main docks and slightly upwards, above the city.

^"Ok Civilians, be careful when looking out window. No walking over each other, and enjoy view!!"^

Unpredictable got up with Y/N in his arms and went to the nearest window. Dynamic followed.

"Isn't the sunset beautiful?"

Y/N stared at the sun setting in awe.

[Unpredictable's P.O.V]

Beautiful.. like your eyes..

"What did you say?"

Dynamic turned his head towards me and arched his eyebrow.

"I-I was.. nevermind."

Dynamic stared at me for a couple of seconds, shrugged, and looked back at the window.

How embarrassing.

[...]

When the blimp finally landed, Y/N was fast asleep in my arms. I waved goodbye to Dynamic and the other Operatives and went to my Residence.

Along the way, I stopped by the store to buy some more bread and a few vegetables.

As soon as I got home, I laid Y/N onto my bed, tucked them in, and prepared myself a sandwich.

I know I don't really have to eat but, today was such an exhausting day.

I went to sit down at my desk, placed my sandwich on the table, and then folded my arms, resting my head ontop of them.

"Purple..."

{to be continued}

lol