High School Drama

A/N: Thanks for 3K!!!! It's AMAZING!!! Thank You!! 

Dawn's POV

It had been a week since Tom proposed to Isabel. A lot has happened in those 7 days: Isabel, and Nikki have started planning for the wedding, Isabel sold her apartment and moved in. As for me, Alan and Lexi are a lot closer. He's now hanging out with her not me. Alan claims that they are just friends, but I know that's a lie. Lexi is now sitting with us during lunch. On the other hand, Shawn and I are inseparable. Since Alan's with Lexi, I am hanging out with Shawn now.  

We're currently at school, walking to our lockers.

"So, who are you crushing on?" I ask, playfully with my elbow.

"Um...I don't know." He says meekly.

"Oh come on! There are so many people at school, one must make your heart feel nice."

"Ok fine. I like Jack McConnell."

"Wait. But Jack is a dude..."

"Dawn, I'm gay." 

"Really. Cool!" I exclaim. 

"What?" Shawn asks.

"Cool. I'll help you out." We get to our lockers. I put my stuff down and walk over to Jack.

"Hi Jack. I'm Dawn." I greet. Shawn comes over. "This is Shawn, he loves swimming and can sing. He loves music like you."

"Hi." Shawn mumbles. I leave Jack and Shawn talking. Great job Dawn! I think. A few minutes later, Shawn comes back all happy. 

"How did it go?" I ask, grabbing my stuff for my last class.

"I got his number," Shawn exclaims. We walk to our last class. We get to class and I see Lexi pulling him and making him sit next to her. I huff and sit down next to Claire and Shawn. We get through the class. I go to my locker with Shawn. I see Alan hugging Lexi. Alan and Lexi flirt and he plays with her hair.  Ok that's it. I gave him a chance to be a loyal boyfriend but that's over. Everyone scatters and leaves the hallway Alan is alone, he is walking towards the exit. 

"Alan!" I yell. He turns around. "Can we talk?"

"Yeah sure what's up?" Alan asks.

"What's with Lexi?" I ask.

"What do you mean?" He asks a bit guarded.

"Why are you acting like you're her boyfriend? You're always with her and laughing."

"Am I not allowed to hang out with her? Is that what you're saying?"

"No. But you can't just shut me out and me all over her!"

"I'm not shutting you out Dawn! You're my girlfriend. Not Lexi!" 

"Well it doesn't seem that way. You two are hugging and flirting."

"Well, it's not like you're not doing that too!"

"What!"

"Yeah! Shawn. You two are always together and laughing too."

"So? Am I not allowed to hang out with my guy friends. Even if my boyfriend is shutting me out!!"

"He's probably all over you, but he is too shy to say it!"

"No he's not!" Tears are about to escape my eyes.

"How do you know that!"

"Because Shawn doesn't like girls! If you weren't so caught up flirting with your ex, you might have known that!"

Alan doesn't answer. 

"I gave you a week. Knowing you would be loyal and stop interacting with Lexi, but you didn't. I trusted you! Now I'm not so sure. Alan, I think we should break up."

"Maybe we should," Alan mumbles

"We finally agree on something then," I say, a tear falls down my face. I see Tom's car pulls up. I walk away. "Goodbye Alan."

I get into the car and try not to break down. We drop Paddy of and I stay quiet for the whole car ride. When we get home, I quickly grab my backpack and walk to the door. Tom stops me before we go inside.

"What's wrong?" Tom asks, seeing the tears in my eyes.

"Nothing." I lie. 

"Hmm. I won't pressure you into telling me. But if you need to talk to someone, I'm here and so is Isabel."

I nod and scurry upstairs. I close my door a bit hard, flop onto the bed, and let my tears spill. Why am I so stupid? My heart is broken. I loved Alan. He was everything I had.  I think. For the next 2 hours I lay on my bed and cry. There are multiple knocks from Tom. I don't want to talk about this to him. I ignore him until I hear Isabel's voice.

"Dawn, can I come in?"

I get up and unlock the door. "Come in." I sniffle.

"What's wrong sweety?" She asks sitting down next to me.

"Alan and I broke up," I whisper.

"Oh. Come here." She hugs me and I cry into her shoulder. "Why did you break up."

"H-he was all over his ex-girlfriend, who moved back here, and they were spending so much time together. I thought he was loyal. B-but he kept flirting with her."

"Well, it's his loss. He missed the chance to stay with an amazing girl." Isabel squeezed me. I fall asleep in Isabel's arms, without that warm, happy feeling in my heart called love.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed! Please vote and review!