Forty Two

<Kaycee POV>

June 16th

'S-sean?' I stuttered my face blank, portraying no emotion whatsoever.

'Hey' he smiled meekly.

'Hi' I replied in a whisper looking down at the ground. 'Do you need something?' I asked feeling uncomfortable.

'You. I-I mean um- I was wondering if you'd come over to my house for the party' he whispered. Tahani, you did this.

'Umm. I'm actually hanging out with T and Bails so I don't kno-'

'We're going as well, silly' Tahani mumbled cheekily, walking past me along with Bailey out of my house.

'Well, you can hang out with them there' Sean said twisting his ankle around.

'Um-I guess' 

'You coming?' He asked to be sure.

'Yeah, I'll come' I answered feeling bad if I rejected him. I mean, how could I? He looked so  damn cute all dressed up.

'Let's go, yeah?'he questioned still not focusing all his attention on me.

'Mhm' I replied before calling out to Kylie and telling her that I'd be leaving.

.

I've been sitting in Sean's car for almost half an hour now. Neither of us has dared to say a word as we let the music drown out all the tension in the car. And to make things worse, Tahani and bailey agreed that they'd go in a separate car. What great friends!

'Um you can change the song if you like' Sean told me handing me his phone, when we stopped at a red light.

'It's okay' I whispered scared to talk any louder.

'Kayc, I'm really so-' he began.

'Let's not talk about this right now, Sean.' I muttered fidgeting with my fingers. He nodded his head before saying the last few words to be heard in the car.

'I love you, Kayc'. What?! Did he just say that he loved me? No, he probably just meant it in a friendly way. Duh! Of course, he did. Don't freak out, Kaycee.

I gave him a weak smile before continuing to stare out the window. Never really knew that the trees looked so cool in the dark.

.

'We're here' Sean whispered shaking me slightly. I flinched at the touch giving him a quick thank you and making my way out of his car. That's when I realized he parked his car outside his garage rather than his house. Weird. He never does that.

Not knowing whether I should walk into his house or the garage, I waited by my side car door for further instructions.

'Let's go through the garage, Mama's um- making stuff' Sean said leading me into his garage.

Sean was fiddling with the keys in his hand searching for the right one. His face was scrunched up, eyes squinting as he tried to find the right key in the dark. I tried to suppress my laugh by biting my lips but instead a let out a giggle.

Sean snapped his head at me as his eyes  grew in bewilderment.

'What? It's funny' I said continuing to laugh. I saw a smile escape his lips as he finally found the right key. He lifted the key up into the air before pushing it into the lock. He was about to push the door open, until he moved aside.

'You do it, Kayc' he whispered smiling from ear to ear. I gave him a confused look but nonetheless opened the garage door.

'I love you, Kayc' he whispered into my ear. His breath hot on my neck as I looked at the room in front of me. All the walls were painted in galaxy colours as stars shone above from the ceiling. Falling like the stars, by James Arthur was splaying in the background as food- more like popcorn was neatly decorated on a table. The floor was illuminated by lit candles as it reflected the stars shine. Wow.