{08}

Back in the comfort of his room together with Charlie, Finn finally felt more reassured than he did in months.

"What is it that you wanted to talk about, Finn?" asked Charlie. The question had been in his head for the entire day, but he just didn't find the right time to ask it.

"I just want to hang out. I haven't gotten the chance to actually hang out with just you in so long. Not since last year," concluded Finneas. What he was saying was true. But it didn't mean that it was the whole truth.

"That's fine. Want to watch something? Listen to some music? Or just talk?"

"I feel like we could watch a movie. The last time I watched an actual movie was on my birthday, which was a while ago. Do you have anything you want to watch?"

"I heard of a few movies while being a counselor at the summer camp. One of the other counselors was a movie geek and gave me a list of films I had to watch before going off to college."

That was the first time Finn had heard of that list, but he was pleasantly surprised when Charlie actually pulled out his cellphone and found the list in his notes. He just went to the first movie that didn't have a big check mark next to it and searched it up.

Charlie pressed 'Play' while the two of them settled themselves on the bed. "This movie is supposed to be really good, you know?"

"No, really?" said Finn sarcastically and started chuckling. "It's literally on your list of the best films that you must watch before college. How could it be bad?"

"Yeah, I know that, but the boy told me that this is one of the best films out there and that whoever doesn't watch it didn't live life yet. And those who did and didn't like it were never meant to have a life at all..."

"That's harsh."

"But fair."

The beginning of the movie appeared on the screen and a piece of light music began playing. That made the two of them go quiet.

The main character laid in bed, which for Finn hit awfully close to home. He never heard of the book the protagonist was reading, but the actor himself seemed oddly familiar. He wasn't big on movies, but there was something about this movie that just seemed intriguing.

"When is this movie from?" asked Finn out of curiosity.

"It was filmed in 2017 but it's settled somewhere in the eighties, I think. I think we just have to wait and see," proposed Charlie, and that was what happened. The movie played on and the two boys just laid there in the bed, not sure if talking would ruin the masterpiece in front of them.

"I think this is a gay movie, Charlie."

"Why's that?"

"All the hints are there," explained Finn. Then he needed the need to elaborate. "The main character first thinks he likes a boy and there's a charming dude that comes and takes over his heart. The ending will be happy, just like every other one."

"Wait and see. You're not a time traveler, and you haven't seen this movie in the past, so you can't know..."

However, neither of the boys knew just how wrong they were.