father .39

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily.

CALEB VELLA

I counted every brick in this cell more than a hundred times. My brain felt like it was crumbling and my body was going to combust with every second that I continued to be stuck in this room. My eyes hadn't seen sunlight for what felt like years, I had no idea of the time reality.

It could have been a few weeks, a few months hell it could have even been a few days. Being in here was mentally damaging, I've lost a stupid amount of weight. Everyday I would be delivered food but I couldn't even bring myself to eat any of it, I was sick with guilt and had all the time to dwell on it.

My hope to escape and find Evan was decaying everyday, I was growing weaker and losing faith in everything. No matter how hard I tried to get out of this room, shifting into my wolf, trying to use my physical strength, the door would not open.

I couldn't take it anymore, my mental state could not last another day before I pulled my eyeballs out and wore them as a necklace.

Sometimes I'd dream with my eyes open like I was in a mirage, it was terrifying because I didn't even know what was real and what was fake anymore. It got to the point where I didn't even believe I was alive anymore, this was the afterlife.

The loud metal door clangs as the lock opens, my head snaps up to the sound instantly. "Vella," Wes, one of the guards alerts me. "It's time to go."

I don't even have the strength to push myself up from the floor so instead he drags me along the stones, wrapping my wrists up in silver. The pain barely touches me because the hurt I was feeling inside overrides anything else. "Today's your lucky day," Wes grins at me as he pulls me up to my feet, there was nothing inviting about his smile.

My eyes glare at him back but I don't reply. We walk down through the corridor but not once do I hear any screaming or shouting, the whole floor was silent and I found it eery.

I watch carefully as we walk past the endless cells, people inside but they sat on the cold floor with their mouths shut. Wes stops in front of a door and unlocks it with his keys, he pushes me inside. Holding my hands up so I don't collide into the wall, quickly recovering as I glance over everyone in the room.

There was a woman and her child, huddled together like this was their last day on Earth. On the other side of the room was a older man, his eyes staring at the bricks without blinking once.

My eyes wander over the walls, the same wet, nasty and cold cell I was in before. The only thing that caught my eye was the one put up bed in the middle of the room, the bed sheets were covered in dirt and slightly damp from where the ceiling was leaking.

The woman and her child look up to me as I inspect the room, even seeing another human being made me feel somewhat better. Somewhat sane.

"What's happening?" I direct to her, my voice croaky. Only realising it has been ages since I spoke aloud.

Her dark eyes widen as she shakes her head. "Shh," she says quietly.

My brows furrow in her direction. I watch as she presses her finger to her lips and points to the door, her thumb raising to drag across her throat.

I nod at her once understanding what she meant. Sinking down to the floor beside her as I rip the silver off my wrists again, my hands clasp together so I can rest my head.

. . .

At some point I fall asleep as I wake up on the floor, my cheek pressed into a tiny puddle. Pushing myself up from the ground and wiping my face with my t-shirt, my eyes look around the room and they meet with the woman again.