14 • Moving back

"I wish it was that easy to express my feelings for you"

.
.
.

K "Plan is working, Kartik! Ignoring game work kar raha hai. Yes!" He danced in his mind while Naira was coming to ask him but she stopped.

N "Jo karna hai kare mujhe kiya! I am not going to ask him, huh!" Unnecessary attitude! She left from there.

K "Let's see! tum kabtak chup rahogi!" He smirked at her from far.

___

Kartik successfully ignored her whole day. She was kinda pissed off by his behavior. But then how could she complain?

Naira, Mishti, Mansi and keerti were having their girls time. While Boys were there too but were sitting far from them.

Naira was stealing glance at him for a long time. Kartik noticed her and he thought to continue his plan. He came towards them and greeted everyone except Naira, making her upset again.

K "Guys I have a brilliant idea! chalo mere saath. aaj meri taraf se pani pui ki treat!" He said while looking at her.

Mansi "Wow Bhai! Aaj aap kudh keh rahe ho! vaise toh mana karte hai hume. Junk food is not healthy. Blah blah! aaj aisa kya hua?" She asked, suspecting him.

K "Tujhe kya hai? Tujhe khana hai ya nahi. Agar nahi toh rehne de." He replied giving her back.

Mansi "I'm coming. Aur club jane ka program toh aplogo ne cancel kardiya so this would do the compensation."

Keerti "I'm also coming.

Mishti "Chalo bff.. we are ready. Chalo Naira di!" Naira was about to say something. But,

K "It's okay Mishti. Let it be. hum kisiko jabardasti nahi karte. Jisko ana hai woh aaye." Kartik said suppressing his laughter but it was gone too far Kartik.

Naira got hurt now. her eyes became moist. It got noticed by Kartik.

N "Good night guys. Mujhe neend aarahi hai." She excused herself, heading towards her room crying.

Keerti "Hurt kardiya nah usse? Yeh sab karne ki kya zarurat thi." She scolded Kartik.

Mansi "Haan Bhai. Woh bhi ana chahti thi. Apko pata hai na she loves panipuri."

K "Acha sorry. Main bass aise hi chida raha tha usse. Aur tumlog jao apna treat enjoy karo. Shubham will be there."

Mishti "Bff aap nahi aarahe humare sath?"

K "Ab main apni naira ke bina kaise aaunga." He answered, absent minded.

They all left giving him a look "iska kuch nhi hosakta." Haha.

As soon as they left Kartik went to check his girl what was she doing. He saw her standing in the corner of a nearby balcony. She looked upset. Somewhere he felt guilty for hurting her but he had to do this.

K "Sorry Sherni, Tumhe pareshan karne ke liye." He sadly spoke to himself.

He didn't meet her for a while, just to tease her again. So that she didn't get to know him being there.

The gang soon returned back after an hour, Kartik also joined them before Naira could see him.

Mansi "Bhai you missed it. Panipuri itna tasty tha na aaj! Bhabhi missed it too because of you."

Keerti "Haan kartik.. ab jao aur usse manao."

K "Okay fine guys! pehle Maine Jo lane ko kaha tha woh toh do."

Keerti handed him a packet. Kartik thanked him through eyes and ran to meet his angry bird.

N "I just hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate you Mendak." She was crying so cutely that Kartik went awed on her. She was hitting the soft pillow, venting her anger. Such a cute baby! His baby!

K "But I love you my cute Sherni.." He wrapped his arms around her, whispering.

She gasped with the sudden touch and turned to face him.

N "Tum yaha?" He didn't answer, instead hugged her more tightly.

N "Chodo mujhe Kartik. I don't want to talk to you." She said hitting him with her tiny hands.

K "Hmm.. chod diya." He left her instantly which surprised her.

N "Yaha kyu aaye ho tum? Just leave me alone."

K "I will leave. But why are you crying?" He asked, crossing his hands against his chest.

N "Tumhe usse kya? Jao tum apni panipuri enjoy karo. Huh!" He bursted into laughter hearing her, oh her love for panipuri!

K "Don't tell me tum panipuri ke liye ro rahi thi." Hehe.

N "Why don't you just get lost from here?" She ordered, frustrated.

K "Naira.. I got.. something..and.."

N "Please leave. Aur tum toh baat nahi kar rahe the nah mujhse. ignore kar rahe the mujhe. You better continue it." With that she looked away, wiping her tears.

He smiled and cupped her face lovingly.

K "Tumne kudh kaha tha ki main tumse dur rahu. I am following it. Toh kya problem hai tumhe?" She could not meet his intense eyes and remained silent.

K "Sachmein chala jau? Just tell me to leave forever or let me stay back." He asked hopefully.

She looked at him back. Although he knew her answer but her "no" would not make any sense because he was not going to let go her this time.

N "Do I even care if you stay or leave?"

K "You really don't care? Mere hone na hone se tumhe sachmein faraq nhi padta Naira?"

He wanted her answer to be a big "No". she does care about him, right? She loves her Mendak.

N "If you want to hear it out loud then listen, I really don't care. mujhe faraq nhi padta Kartik. And you know what it's high time. Get over this stupid feeling which you call 'love'. Move on." Does she ever mean any of her words?

She said "move on," that was it. That was not something he had expected. He had enough of her lies!

K "Fine, Ab main tumhare samne nahi aaunga. Nahi tumhe pareshan karunga. Move on, right? Yeah wait for it!" He was holding back his tears since a long time. A lone tear escaped his eye before he said bye to her.

A fear was awakening in her heart listening to his words. But she ignored her own thoughts.

After he left, she noticed a packet on the side table. What was that,

N "Panipuri!" She seemed confused. It took a second to realize he bought it here, only for her. So she left it untouched.

___

"Get over this stupid feeling which you call 'love' Move on,"

Her words were ringing in his ears and were torturing him in a way that he decided to go somewhere far from the place.

He took his car keys. And in no time, the car was moving with full speed. He kept his one hand on the wheel, with other hand, he was rubbing his head.

Engrossed in her thoughts, he failed to notice the jeep approaching towards him and thud!

N "Kartik!" she suddenly screamed out of fear, maybe her heart got to know already that he was in trouble.

.
.
.
.

***

Kartik's accident? Did you ever experience this kind of pain in love? Well hope you liked the chapter. It made me emotional while writing. Do vote and comment ~Jiya🌸

***