Chapter 66: Moving Forward

Ryzen POV

Before I could meet with Zaynah and that person, there were several things that were arranged first.

My family were hesitant to let me go out, especially since they became wary of the 'friends' that I had and at the same time, I haven't introduced Zaynah to them. Thankfully though, Lennox vouched for Zaynah's character, which made them feel at ease.

On the meeting day, there were several bodyguards with me. Now, they were not allowed to leave my side at all, even if I order them to.

Upon arriving at the restaurant, I immediately saw the two familiar faces sitting in the VIP room.

Instantly, Zaynah's face brightened as she waved at me. On the other hand, Rose Ferrada tried to give me a small, polite smile.

Even though I am in a different body now, I still can't deny that these two people are are dear to my heart.

I have found a new family in Millen Yu's family but it doesn't change the fact that for me, these two people are still my family as well.

Seeing them right now makes me a bit sentimental about my resolution.

I greeted them quickly before sitting down on my seat. They were in front of me, seating next to each other.

"Sorry, Millen. This was supposed to happen before, right? My mum never told me about the sudden revelation she'd confess on her show...."

"It's fine, don't worry about it. I am thankful for you, since I am able to meet Dr. Rose, who is an inspirational figure in my life."

I smiled at Rose Ferrada and although she was hesitant at first, she greeted me politely and also gave me a small smile.

Seeing her right now like this, the feelings of pain, guilt and discomfort have all subdued.

Maybe, it is really all thanks to the way the heavens have consoled me.

All these years, Rose Ferrada have raised me, even though she didn't necessarily have to. She let me stay in her house, sent me to good schools and never deprived me of any material thing.

Even though she was not able to provide the maternal love that I was yearning for, I managed to live a comfortable life...

It's more than enough for me, really.

Because I knew her interests already, it was easy to strike up a conversation with her. Surprisingly, instead of dwellings on the complicated feelings I thought I would have, I enjoyed my time talking with her.

But suddenly, Zaynah said something that almost stopped my heart.

"Mum, doesn't she remind you a little of Sister Ryzen?"

What? Why would Zaynah suddenly say that..

I held my breath as I looked eagerly at Rose Ferrada, a bit anxious on how she's going to reply.

"Indeed. Her posture and her mannerisms when she speaks reminds me of her. If I didn't think so clearly, I would think that kid reincarnated through her..."

Zaynah nodded at her mum, before shifting her gaze at me.

"Millen, I don't think I've ever told you this before but I got so comfortable with you quickly because you remind me a lot of my sister! Even your handwriting is kind of similar to hers. Maybe, it's because you're both a genius? My sister could easily digest all that medical stuff too, just like you."

Rose Ferrada looked at me in a wistful expression and smiled a little.

"I'm glad to have met you, Millen. You have a lot of potential as a medical researcher... That kid was also into medical research, just like you."