||Chapter 1: Good Days Gone By||

Udaipur, Rajasthan

A woman is seen sleeping peacefully on her bed. The sound of a wind chime ringing can be heard as the breeze blows in through the open window making the curtains wave. The sunlight crept in through the window and fell on her face. She squinted her eyes and opened them at once to see a faint figure standing beside her, near the bed. The figure had blocked the rays of the sun and was looking at her. It was the figure of a man. He held a mug of coffee in his hand. He smiled at her and sat next to her. She had sat herself down in upright position by now.

"Morning my queen", he said forwarding the mug of coffee to her.

"Your coffee. Just the way you like it. With cinnamon to make it sweet as well as spicy", the man said smiling at her and looking at her with eyes filled with adoration and love.

While...she just kept staring at him.

"Naira....", the customer called her as she sat in the reception, day dreaming. About her dead husband.

"Yes sir", she came out of her trance and rushed towards the customer who was having a conflict with the waitress.

"What's the problem?", she asked approaching them.

"What's the problem? Seriously Naira? I'm a regular customer of your cafe. I can't tolerate this type of ignorance", the customer complained.

"But what happened sir?", Naira asked him clueless.

"Mam...there's no sugar in this choco lava cake", the waitress informed her.

"What?", Naira said shocked and took a bite of the cake and realised that the waitress was right. She felt so irresponsible and guilty at that moment.

"Sorry sir....I think I forgot to put some sugar. Don't worry, I'll do something", Naira assured the customer but he wasn't ready to listen.

"Sugar Naira....seriously sugar! How can someone like you forget to put sugar in the cake knowing that it is the most important ingredient", the customer scoffed unable to believe that a chef like Naira could do such a mistake.

"Sorry sir", Naira stuttered hoping he would forgive her.

"No need to apologize Naira. I've been noticing you since many days. You have lost the spark in your baking and cooking. I'm sorry to say but if it goes on like this, this cafe won't last long. You already have less customers. This is my last visit to this cafe. It used to be good when Kartik was around", the customer remarked and walked out.

"Kartik...", Naira murmured as she remembered him. Her husband.

Author Notes

Author Notes

This story is very very short guys. I just published the first chapter today because I had this idea on my mind since many days and I just wanted to know ur views on it. Don't worry Pyaar Ke Liye will also be updated very soon.

Please give ur honest views in the comment section below but particularly on this story.

Love

Shailja🖤