First Words (Kyle Spencer)

This was a request so I really hope you like it love!

Type - Fluff

Warnings - The reader is mute but I don't really think that's a warning 

I sat in my room in the coven house quiet as usual. I never talked, not because I couldn't, I just don't. Not after my traumatizing childhood. 

I had just joined the coven yesterday, I had already unpacked my things and made myself at home. The only thing was the people. New people and new relationships scared me I never liked to 'go in too deep' with anyone because I had a sickening fear of abandonment and horrid trust issues. I didn't have any friends before I came here. All of my family just wanted me gone. It's like I had no one. No one but myself and the thoughts in my head. 

I stared up at the white ceiling and listened to my music softly. I didn't like loud noises or things like that, it gave me too much anxiety. 

I had just closed my eyes when I heard a knock at my door. I sat up slowly in my bed and sighed before walking to the door. 

I opened the door to see a boy standing there. He has dirty blond hair and scars all over his body. His face was as red as an apple. I stared blank faced at him.

"Uhm. come i-in please?" the boy said pointing to my room. 

I stepped aside and let him walk in. He sat down on the edge of my bed and looked around. He then looked at me and smiled.

"I'm Kyle and your, (y/n)" he said pointing at me. 

I smiled lightly at his childishness.  I nodded and sat on the floor in front of him. 

"I think you will like it here... so what's your favorite thing about this place so far?" he said dandling his legs lightly.

I stared at him and then looked at m hands. I shook my head.

"What? You don't like it here?" he asked frowning.

I looked back up and shook my head. I tried making hand movements to show that I did like it and being here was way better than being at my home but, I don't think I could quite get that across. 

He looked at me in confusion. 

"Can you not talk...?" he asked tilting his head. 

I nodded and went with it. It was better to lie and say I couldn't talk at all rather than saying I could but I don't.

"Ahh, I was like that once. I still am not the best at talking either. Well, I hope I'm not bothering you." he said looking at the door.

I put a hand on his thy. 

"You dont want me to go?" He asked looking down at me smiling excitedly.

"Mmnm" I said shaking my head.

He laughed and poked my nose.

"Okay. I wont go."

I smiled and got up and sat next to him. I grabed my phone and showed him my music playlist.

"You want me to listen to your music?" He said taking my phone from my hands.

I nodded and handed him my headphones.

"Alrighty" he said putting them in his ears.

I played my favorite song for him hoping he would like it.

At first, he had a weird face but when the song hit its chorus, he smiled and shut his eyes.

I smiled at him and poked his nose.
He opened his eyes and giggled.

As the song ended he took out the earbuds and handed my phone back to me.

"I really liked that actually."

I smiled at him and nodded. I set my phone down and looked around the room.

He smiled at me and then got up.

"Well, (y/n), I had better get going but, I will stop by later... if youd like?" He said walking to the door.

I smiled and nodded.

"Alright well, by for now!" He said about to walk out the door.

Before he left, I run to him and gripped his hand.

"T-thank you..." I said staring into his eyes.

His eyes widened and he hugged me.

"Your so welcome"

Those were the first words I had said in years. It was worth it.