Chapter 50

Picture of Will😫💛😤

Guys..... this is chapter 50...... WHAT THE FUCK. This is going so fast, slow and long at the same time lol.

Also, I have no clue why everyone was hating on Amelia. She didn't really do anything big enough to warrant the amount of hatred people were showing to her last chapters. And I get it if you just don't like her character, but if we're judging based off her actions - cut the girl some slack.

She found her mate, knew Damon was in love with her for years and had violent tendencies - I don't think any one of you in her position would've gone to Damon and introduced her literal soulmate to his face. He probably would've done something violent - let's just be honest here.

Yeah, I know he's a whole sweetheart, I LOVE DAMON, but he wasn't like that with anyone but Will, he wasn't even like that with her who he loved so I mean... can you really blame the girl? Like can you really????

Personally, I love Amelia. She was great in Beta Mates but I guess I should expect the hatred since most readers still hate Emitt for reasons I can't comprehend. I love Emitt and I love Amelia, period.

Okay, that's it for my rant - enjoy the chapter.

-------------

Will's P.O.V

Ice-cream. I was supposed to be on my way to have ice-cream with my boyfriend, not staring at his ex and her partner.

It seemed like every time things started to go well in life, it seemed like something or someone always appeared to jeopardise it all. It was the circle of life and I, being someone who'd experience the loop several times, should've seen it coming. But I didn't.

I knew inside that it was wrong to compare Amelia, a person I didn't know, to the toxins I'd encountered in this world but that was exactly what my mind projected her as in my thoughts, a poison that would somehow kill what was between Damon and me.

Amelia just put me on edge.

I'd only met her once and her interaction with Damon had been less than pleasant for me. They had a history together, a lot of history, and not knowing any of it was hard for me. I was never one to leave things in the background, especially when my heart was involved, but at the time leaving the subject of Damon's past with Amelia seemed like the best thing for him, for our relationship.

And I knew it was, I knew it was... but I couldn't help but wish that I'd asked him for a bit more detail so I wasn't standing here so annoying oblivious.

I only knew three things about Amelia; she was Damon's best friend, their friendship went beyond the usual parameters of friendship for him and she'd done something to hurt him deeply.

That was it.

While Damon was telling me about his deepest darkest secrets, he hadn't said a single word about his best friend until she showed up and he had to. He'd hidden her existence and their relationship, and it honestly rose up some red flags that took a lot of work to pull down.

I didn't want to let his past affect our present but knowing anything about it was terrifying.

So far, no one had said a single word as we all stood just outside of the armoury. Damon and I were standing opposite Amelia and a man I didn't think I knew.

I couldn't see either of their faces or the expressions on them, which was annoying given the circumstances. The only reason I knew it was Amelia was because of the way Damon stiffened beside me the moment he saw them, the hurt inside of him quickly flooding my veins.