11 : Confrontation

Chapter 11: Confrontation

I was sprinting even before I hung up from Oon. What was actually happening with Sun? I wondered. Even though Oon mentioned that the guard had saved him, he might have been saved when he was in such a bad shape. Anyway, my other concern was about the person who had done it to Sun. Actually, it could have been anyone since he was annoying and a way. There was a chance that he might have been punched by a patient's relative however, it also could have been Klong who had punched him. Beside Sun, it was Klong that was also my concern. Well, I was worried about Klong more than Sun. What would happen if he was captured?

I stepped myself up and until the ER gate was before me. I hoped that Sun wouldn't have any serious injuries and I wished that it wasn't Klong who had done that. I wished that everything was just a mere thought muddling in my mind. I then pushed through the gate. Sun was sitting on the stretcher bed, getting his wound dressing and Oon was standing beside him. Apparently, Sun still had a playful expression on his face.

"Phai! Ouch!" He was in pain maybe because he turned his head to me too fast. I saw that one of his nostrils was blocked by gauze which was to stop his nose bleeding. His nose looked a little bit off-centered. That must be a really heavy punch after all.

"Oh my god, you..." I moved closer to examine his face. There were bruises on his face and around his eye sockets. It wasn't only a punch that he had taken. It was probably several. Poor Sun. You are a hunk himself. Why did you let that guy punch you like a punching bag? Can't you just fight back? I thought to myself.

"Phai~ Don't get the wrong idea. I didn't mess around with anybody." He filled me in before I had a chance to ask him anything. This sentence confused me and made me frown at him.

"Wait, you mess around with whom? What's that all about?"

"Well, the guy who attacked me -- I don't know who though -- walked to me out of nowhere and told me not to mess around with his lover. I didn't have a chance to ask him who it was when he started punching me, Bang-bang-bang. I didn't even have a chance to get myself together and fight back. Good thing I made it back to the hospital so that the guard could save me."

The fellowship resident who was with Emergency Medicine brought the suturing set and spread it out on my side. I saw it so I asked the guy.

"It's so severe that he needs to get stiched?" He nodded.

"Yeah, it's for the wound on his eyebrow. This guy really knows how to punch. He aimed for the eyebrow and then bang! A cut on there. Luckily, the wound isn't so long, otherwise I would need a plastic surgeon for that."

He didn't just tell me about the wound but opened the covering gauze for me to see the wound. I gauged it roughly. It was about a little bit longer than half a centimeter. Just like what the guy said, the wound was not long.

"Sun said he wouldn't let anybody stitch this wound until you came." Oon reported me. I then crossed my arms and glanced disapprovingly at the wound's owner.

"Why would you act that way? You're a doc yourself." I scolded him.

"I was afraid that after he started the stitching, I wouldn't have a chance to talk to you. Well, I wear that I've never messed around with anybody's lover. The only one I fall for and want to be with is you -- only you -- really." He tried to lean on my body right after he said it. I scooted away from him and the ER guy then pulled his head back to the stretcher bed to cleanse his wound.

"Sun. You stay still so I could finish the job quickly. You don't want a disconnected eyebrow or a double-layered one, do you?" Then, everybody in the ER blurted out in laughter.