5.

𝗖𝗮𝘆 𝗪𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗮𝗺𝘀
𝗠𝗲𝗺𝗽𝗵𝗶𝘀, 𝗧𝗲𝗻𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗲
𝘖𝘢𝘬𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯

Friday

Rubbing my arms I couldn't stop crying. This was the last thing I expected to happen to my brother. We grew up in a safe neighborhood and city, the only time we went to the 'hood' was with our dad when we were little.

Things happened for reason God had this planned out already, I just couldn't stop crying. My mom eyes were sore red from crying all the way to the hospital, daddies were normal he was just trying to be strong for us.

A couple more people were waiting in the room with us one I knew from school the others looked older. A lady got up out her seat going to the nurse's desk for the tenth time, " Can you give me an update on my son Sinclair Foxer."

"No ma'am we have not gotten any updates on any of the shootout victims."

My face balled up hearing shootout, one thing I knew about my brother he didn't mess with guns.

"Were y'all apart of this?" My dad pointed at the boys.

"They don't have to answer your questions." The lady who sat next to another boy.

"Lady ain't nobody the police I'm trying to see if my son was involved in a shootout."

"He wasn't," Wiz told him blinking. I could tell her was trying to hold his tears in as well.

My legs were shaking from the coldness. Wearing only a t-shirt and shorts I was practically freezing. My parents were in the pajamas but they were long selves.

"Man we gone pop them niggas." The boy next to Wiz mumbled, but not low enough because I heard.

"Man shut the fuck up." Wiz looked at him annoyed.

Everybody was basically sitting together because of how small this waiting room is. My family was on the side while the rest almost directly in front of us the coffee table separated us.

"You mad at me? I saved our asses."

"Bruh I'm not about to go back and forth you in this hospital shut up before I slap the fuck out you."

Wiz's phone started ringing making him sigh answering it, "Yeah mama," He walked off into the hallway where the elevator was at.

Another woman ran in going to straight to the nurse's desk as a doctor came out, "Families of Assen Jones, Sinclair Foxer and Trae Williams."

"Yes, that's my son." Almost everybody's parents said. I sat up off of the chair.

"All three of the boys are in good condition no hurtful injuries that can stop them from doing anything. There can only be two people per room if you go straight back their names are plastered on the doors."

Blowing out a breath my nerves were calm once again, "Do you want to go with your momma?" My dad asked me.

I shook my head wiping my tears, "Y'all can go." I assured him.

Closing my eyes I repeated a prayer my grandmother once told me, "Our Father who is in heaven, thank You for equipping me to stand against the plans of the enemy. Thank You for the armor that will help me to be victorious in Your Name. Oh Lord, thank You for giving me the strength to overcome the battles that I have not yet faced. I thank You for the deliverance I will experience because of Your Word which is everlasting, Amen." Whispering the prayer I shivered once again opening my eyes.

"You cold?" Wiz asked me making me nod quickly.

"Didn't plan on being in a cold hospital four o clock in the morning."

"Me either." He mumbled unzipping his jacket handing it to me.

"You don't have too," I stated politely not reaching for it.

"I'm good."

"Thank you."

𝗦𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗮 "𝗪𝗶𝘇" 𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴
𝗠𝗲𝗺𝗽𝗵𝗶𝘀, 𝗧𝗲𝗻𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗲
𝘖𝘢𝘬𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯

"What I told you about him man, that nigga don't got no future." My dad lectured me as we sat in the living room. "You got colleges looking for you and shit he done got you caught up in this bullshit."

"Man, it wasn't even my fault. Bam told us he did something with C but I ain't know he stole his shit. I was almost out.

"C? Aight who was the other kid that got shot."

"Trae he stay in Southwind."

"Fuck he doing over here?"

"Naw nothing like that, they had a Lil kickback." I snitched on myself regretting it.

He side-eyed me punching me in my chest, "Fuck is yo' stupid ass doing at a kickback."

"We weren't smoking." I lied again starring at the Tv.

"Hope you know I used to be your age dumbass, you were definitely smoking. Why the fuck is you at a kickback and smoking during the season. Risking your career for what?"

"He what!" My momma walked in with hands-on her hip. "Was you smoking San fucking tana?"

Smacking my teeth I looked at her, "Yeah."

"Then you lie- yeah you grounded ain't no friends coming over, going outside, it's home then school and that selling drugs shit you thought we ain't know about, over. You can get a regular damn job."

Looking at my dad he shrugged, "This is some bullshit." I mumbled getting up to go in my room.

"And cuss again in my damn house, watch I show you some bullshit!"

Ready to leave.