Chapter Fourty-four

Savannah

"Princess... wake up." I hear and feeling someone playing with my hair. They keep trying to wake me up, before I do and seeing my dad.

"Dad? What are you doing here?" I ask confused. "My business I finished early, I wanted to make sure I was home for tryouts." He says. I was speechless I attacked my dad hugging him, squealing of joy.

"Okay c'mon get dressed. You have school." He says getting up before leaving my room.

I gather my bag together with extra clothes for tryouts

I gather my bag together with extra clothes for tryouts. I take all my stuff downstairs by the door and going to the kitchen to grab something.

As I walk in I see a orange ball flying at me, a basketball. "Hey! She still got it!" My dad cheers with my brother. "That was just a reflex." I smile. I get hit with something else.

"Hey! Don't throw food around!" My moms gets on my the guys. "So a banana flying at you isn't a reflex to duck down or block yourself." My dad says. I laugh.
"Okay Im gonna head to school." I shake my head grabbing my smoothie. "I'll be there!" My dad yells.

I drive to school parking by the gymnasium and locker room. I go to my locker seeing the girls there. "You look sporty." Lia jokes. "Thank you!" I say cheerfully. "Are you sure you want to-" Lia starts.

"Lia.... I'll be fine. My doctor cleared me. You don't have to worry about me." I tell her.

"Okay.... but why Is Mark looking at us like he's been depressed for a hundred years." She says. "I don't know." I say

"Hey ya'll ready to go to class?" Kylie asks. We agree and head to class.

~
As I was warming up for tryouts I saw Jack and my father come in through the doors. I jogged limping a bit towards them.
"I didn't expect the two best guys in my life to be here." I smile. "I had to be here, just like I'll be here for your first game." Jack says kissing me not long before my dad coughed.

"I'm always here for my princess." My dad says hugging me. "Mr. Melody-Johnson." My coach says coming. "Ah! Coach!" My dad says smiling walking with him.

"I can't believe that we walked these halls without saying anything or the fact my eyes never saw you across the gym." Jack says hugging me.
"Hey... at least you do now. Plus.. hopefully next year we'll have the chance." I smile.

"Okay... you're right," He laughs, "okay go back down there... I don't want to be a distraction."

"Please you're a distraction to everyone down there. You might as well be shirtless." I joke. "You're the only focus of my eyes. They always be looking at you." He smiles.
"Whatever." I laugh walking away.

~
After tryouts, Jack rides with me to McDonald's. "And for the side?" They ask Jack which he looks at me making me confused. "Oh she doesn't want anything." He tells the guy making me glare at him, which the guys burst out in laughter with Jack.

I shake my head going to find us a spot to eat. Good thing I had ordered my food on the app. "Babe... you know I just kidding." He says. "Whatever Gilinsky." I say acting mad.

We eat in silence.

"So what? Game next week than you have finals?" He asks. "Yeah... what about you?" I ask. "I took three finals today... Two days from now will be my last for the semester." He says.

"Are your grades up? You know... for football?" I ask he gives me a look. "Jack...c'mon you need to raise those grades, so what? You guys didn't win the championship-"

"No Savannah.... I don't want to talk about it. Can we talk about something else?" He asks looking away upset for some reason.
"Jack... Im Just saying coaches aren't going to raise your grade for you. Do you-"

"God Savannah! I said let's talk about something else." He cuts me off. I suck in my lips not wanting to say anything.
"There's a party this weekend... would you go with me?" He asks. I look up at him confused. "What?" I ask.

"Never mind" he says. "Okay are you mad at me for bringing up your grades cause I care about you?" I ask.