Chapter 11:

My heard thudded as the door opened, revealing an unfamiliar person.

He had dark shoulder length hair, and intimidating green eyes, which lingered on my face.

I sat up before holding my hands together. "Who the hell are you?" I asked, confused.

The man never smiled. He just stared at me until I repeated my question. Then it hit me.

"Wait... you're-"

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I was so close to revealing that I knew this guy. If anyone knew that Arc told me about this guy, we would both be screwed.

Jasper pulled a chair out and sat near me before silently staring at me.

I was practically sweating from the anxiety I was feeling at that moment.

"Oh my god, say something already."

The man held up his hands before making gestures I didn't recognize.

"What? What does that.... Wait..."

Realization hit me like a bag of rocks.

"Are you.... deaf?"

He nodded, and I realized that he was reading my lips. I had never met a deaf person before, and acted like an idiot, panicking uncontrollably until he raised a hand.

"Don't worry." He mumbled, and my chest grew tight.

"I-I'm really sorry, I didn't know... Oh my god I'm an idiot."

I heard a laugh and looked up, shocked to see the man Arc warned me about laughing at my nervous attitude.

I stared at his face in shock, and couldn't help by examine his features. For someone said to be my enemy, he sure was handsome.

His eyes were deep, and seemed to put me into a strange trance, but he looked surprisngly innocent, though his body was built like a rock.

"S-so, why're you here?" I asked, hoping things wouldn't get too awkward.

"I was told to come check on you by Cain." The man explained, his words slow and steady, showing that he was quite considerate, even though I could understand him perfectly.

"Oh.... Cain did, huh?"

He seemed confused at my dissapointed face and tilted my chin up.

"You okay?" He asked, a concerned look evident.

"Yeah... I just don't like Cain."

Jasper laughed before nodding. "Yeah, he's not very easy to get along with, but when you do, he's quite a friend."

I scoffed at his comment and shook my head, before realizing that I should probably keep my big mouth shut.

"Uhh, anyways, I'm fine, so you don't need to hang around here...."

Jasper looked reluctant to leave, but smiled, and took his leave anyway.  My eyes didn't bother to watch him go.

This guy was too sweet to be such a big obstacle. But Arc deemed his as a serious threat, which kind of scared me.

I took note of Jasper's thoughts on Cain and really pondered on what they meant.

It seemed as though Jasper really respected Cain. Well, everyone did. But not me.

Well, to be fair, I was the only one that didn't come willingly. I made a big mistake by selling myself, and realized that I bit off more than I could chew.

But like Arc said, these guys took a real liking to me. Whether it was my personality or my looks will always be a mystery to me, since my personality sucks, and I'm not very good looking. Well, by my standards.

I let out a heavy sigh before laying back down. Every day repeated itself. I would eat and sleep. Eat and sleep. Eat and sleep.

Well, that wasn't such a bad thing.... Except for the fact that I was stuck in a house full of crazy people.

And even though very few visited me, it didn't change the way I felt about this place.

I hate it. Always had, always will. I would do anything to reverse the clock and live in a time where I wasn't forced to live with these psychopaths.

Like back then. When I was young and innocent. When nothing threatened my freedom.

The door opened again and my eyes met with Jasper, yet again. But this time, he looked.... Scary. Like, his eyebrows were furrowed together, and a long scar ran down the left side of his face.

My eyes widened as I stared at the kind Jasper I knew, standing next to the evil-looking Jasper.

The nice Jasper was trying to say something to the mean Jasper, but he looked desperate and frustrated.

But all I couldn't think about is how stupid I was. Why would the man that captured me be a kind and gentle man?

I felt dizzy, and my hands gripped my throbbing head.

"He's not Jasper... You are..." I mumbled, looking up at the scarred Jasper.

His face lacked any emotion, and he simply watched me. "No." Was all he said.

I hunched over before shaking my head. "There's two of you..... You both... Took me back here.. Didn't you?"

The kind Jasper seemed tense as his eyes shot from me to the man next to him.

"Yes, we did. Nice to finally meet the guy that caused so much darn trouble."

I looked up, making wye contact with the monster of a man. "So? Why're you here?" I asked, feeling utterly defeated.

"I have a message."

"A message? From who? Cain? Couldn't he tell me himself?"

"No, not Cain."

"Then who?"

"David."

At that point, my hands began to shake, and hot tears welled up in my eyes. "D-David? What.. What did he say?"

"He says cotton candy."

"What?"

A:N/// Sorry, for the way, yet again. I was pretty busy with my webcomic but I'm trying to write as much as possible. Thanks for reading!(♡˙︶˙♡)