06 | d e t e n t i o n

{"R} emus!" I greeted cheerfully, bursting his door open. "We're reporting for detention." I said in a mocking stern manner.

"Before that," Remus raised an eyebrow, looking at Draco suspiciously, "Is there something you two need to tell me?"

"Huh?" I said, feeling my face burn from what happened last night.

"No." Draco and I denied at the same time.

"Okay then," Remus said, hesitancy still clouding over his eyes, "I have to go to a meeting with the professors, but there's an essay topic on the board you guys can work on. And--oh-- get me some sweets when you go to Hogsmedes, yeah?"

"Fine, fine." I grumbled as I sat down to write.

Draco started to sit next to me, but Remus interjected, "You can sit over there," he pointed to the opposite side of the classroom.

"Remus!" I whined.

He shrugged innocently in response and left the classroom.

We scribbled in silence for a few minutes, until I picked up my paper to sit next to Draco. "He never told me where to sit," I said, ruffling Draco's hair as I sat down.

"Potter, guess what I heard today?" Draco smirked as he took a break from writing and sat arrogantly in his chair.

"I don't know how you do it, Draco." I said astonished, "You even sit arrogantly."

He laughed lightly. He was in a surprisingly good mood, and the afternoon sunlight was illuminating his features in just the right ways. "Guess," he said again.

"Uh." I racked my brain, "Did you hear that students should be focused in detention?"

"Not quite." Draco said, presenting his best crooked smile, "I heard that I'm supposed to ask you out."

---

"Left us with a cliffhanger, huh?" Blaise asked as we walked into the common room. He and Pansy were in the middle of playing chess. It seemed that Pansy was two moves from a checkmate.

"You're right." I said, in a mock astonished tone, "Let me just go upstairs to shower and then I'll-"

"Hey!" Blaise protested, "We've been waiting all day!"

"I kid, I kid." I relented as Draco and I sat down on the couch opposite from them, and Pansy threw me a blanket. I love blankets. How did they all know I loved blankets?

I stared at the wall for a few moments to try to find where to start.

Blaise waved a hand over my face, and I lurched forward jokingly, clamping my jaws on air as Blaise jerked his hand away.

"Whoa, there." Blaise laughed, "She's a biter."

"So?" Pansy said expectantly. She was on the edge of her seat, quite literally, I might add.

"So." I said, looking to Draco for help.

He saw me glance over, and flicked my forehead. "Potter's in a bit of a mess."

"I KNEW IT!" Blaise yelled, jumping up, "YOU'RE PREGNANT!"

Pansy smacked the back of his head, "Shut up you twit!"

"I'm not pregnant, you wanker."

"Cawthrone's blackmailing her." Draco said, twiddling the edge of the blanket.

"Blackmail?" Blaise exclaimed, "Our Potter? With what?"

Draco glanced at me to make sure I was okay, "Photos."

"That bitch," Pansy sighed, "What does she have on you?"

"I'm not sure." I said with a half-hearted shrug. "But I don't want it to leak. I've made a plan with Draco, but it's not going all that well. See, Cawthrone doesn't know that Draco told me about the pictures, and we want to keep it that way. That's why Draco has been acting so strange."

"I thought it was just puberty." Blaise said cheekily as Draco gave him a death stare.

"Today, when Draco went with Cawthrone to the nurse, he told her that he started to hate me and that he was finally beginning to see things from her point of view." I couldn't contain my glee, "The idiot believed it—you know Draco's a smooth fucking talker."

We all exchanged knowing looks that made Draco roll his eyes in annoyance, "Seriously, guys?"

Blaise shrugged, "You have one hell of a mouth."

"Anyways—she did have some suspicion though—so Draco asked if there was anything he could do to prove it. And guess what she said?"

"To date her?" Pansy asked.

"To kill you?" Blaise asked, and we all turned to look at him in silent confusion.

I shook my head at their responses, "To date me."

There was a silence in the room for a second, until all hell broke loose.

"WHAT?" Pansy and Blaise shouted.

"Why does she want you two dating?" Pansy asked, "That doesn't make sense."

"She wants Draco to dump me and then start dating her instead. She wants me to look stupid in front of everyone." My upper lip curled in disgust, "So while she's distracted feeling good about herself, I'm going to get her friends on my side. And after we find the photos, I'm going to rip that bitch apart."

"So? Are you two dating now?" Pansy asked.

"Pretend dating, yes." I answered, looping my arm around Draco's and putting my head on his shoulder. I felt his smirk grow into a cocky smile as I threw in a sweet smile for extra measure. "Believable, isn't it?"

Blaise barked out a surprised laugh, "I don't know if I should be admiring you or scared of you, Potter. You're definitely a Slytherin, through and through."

"So." I bit my lip nervously, "Are you guys in?"

"Um, duh?" Pansy said, a fiery glow in her eyes.

"Hells yeah!" Blaise chimed in, "Let's take this bitch down!"