Chapter 23

Bria's POV

The following morning I woke up extremely early to get ready to head back to my house. Ace was already up and about in the kitchen.

"Good morning baby" he said as he turned off the stove. He walked over to me and wrapped his arms tightly around me and placed kisses all over my face. I giggled but moved my face accordingly to accommodate his lips.

"Let's eat" He said then lead me over to the table. He went back to the kitchen and came back with scrambled eggs, toast, fruit and some freshly squeezed orange juice. He placed me on his lap and we made small conversation as we ate.

"Are you going to college?" He asked.

"Of course"

"Have you thought about where you wanna go?"

"As far away from here as possible"

"Wow"

"Yes, I know but I need a chance to get away from my mom and have my own life and the only way I can do that is to go far away for college." I said and Ace sighed. He started playing with his food and looked deep in thought.

"Do you have a college in mind?"

"I was thinking of NYU. I hear they have a medicine degree program."

"You really weren't kidding when you said you were going far. Heck, that's a 42 hour drive"

"I know" I grinned. "So my mom definitely won't be seeing me often."

"Neither will I" He mumbled softly but I heard him. Suddenly my heart felt heavy. In my quest of getting away from my mom, I totally forgot about Ace. What kind of girlfriend am I? But then, I'm not even sure if Ace and my relationship would last so I can't totally change all of my plans for him.

"What about us Bree?" he asked me. "Are you going to give up on us?"

"Of course not!" I told him and he ran his finger through his hair and let out a tired sigh.

"Can you at least try to consider applying for colleges near by?"

"Sure. I will" I responded even though i'm not really sure i'm up for that.

We finished our meal in silence and Ace still looked deep in thought. After breakfast, I freshened up and waited in the living room for Ace while he got ready. When he came out, he held my hand as we went outside to the vehicle.

Soon enough, we were down the road from my house and Ace had yet to say anything.

"Are you okay? You've been weird since breakfast."

"I'm fine. I just have a lot on my mind that's all"

"We'll be fine if that's what you're worrying about."

"No.. it's just.." He sighed. He actually looked stressed. After taking a deep breath he started again. "It's just.... If you go to a college nearby, you can stay at my house..... with me. If you really don't wanna see your mom that much you know."

So that's what he was so stressed about?

"Wait! Are you asking me to move in with you?" I asked him.

"Bria... I want to be with you. I'm not just messing around. I genuinely want us to be together and by then you'll be eighteen already so we won't have anything to worry about"

"Ace..."

"I know it's a lot to ask but can you just think of it? Please?"

"Fine.. I'll think about it. But I make no promises"