THIRTY-FOUR

34 | LOVESICK FOOLS

34 | LOVESICK FOOLS

PEOPLE claimed that love made someone into a fool. Well, if that was true, then it was also true that obsession would transform someone into a complete idiot.

"Just a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down!" Winter wailed in a drowsy singsong tone from over Jay's shoulder.

"Winter, hush already," Carlos groaned, both he and Jay having tried and failed to shut the girl up for the past few minutes.

At this rate, trying to sneak to their dorm room inconspicuously was impossible for Winter would not stop singing or babbling about how much she loved Jay. Her mind now seemed to be made for only one thought alone, and that was Jay.

"Oh, I dooo looovvveee you soooooo!" Winter cried, managing to wrap her arms around Jay's waist from where she was hanging upside down on his back.

Jay could not stop himself from chuckling lightly, the fumes of the love potion that were coming off Winter now truly beginning to affect him.

God, they needed to decontaminate Winter and soon. The longer she was drenched and exposed to it as she was, the longer and more drastic the effects became. Not to mention it was bound to become dangerous from how much she was being exposed to.

"I love you too," Jay smiled, but paused his words before adding something in a mocking Scottish accent, "duckling,"

It was truly a horrible impression of Harry Hook, one that had Harry himself heard would have earned Jay a punch in the face.

"No," Winter groaned, finding that for some reason she hated that name, "don't call me that!"

Jay snickered, "okay, honey-buns,"

Carlos wanted to cry. No, actually he wanted to vomit. Nope, scratch that, Carlos wanted to vomit then cry and then shoot himself in the head. Jay and Winter were acting so strange that it was not even funny anymore.

This was worse than Evie dressing up as his mom earlier, and that had been bad.

"Mmm, Jay?" Winter stopped her singing, earning a hum from Jay in reply. "You have a nice butt."

It just kept getting worse.

"Why thank you, honey-buns!" Jay said before placing a hand on Winter's rear that was resting on his shoulder. "Your ass is amazing too!"

Was this actually happening?

Carlos swore that even if Jay was now under the influence as well, he was still digging his own grave.

"We're here!" Carlos announced, thanking God that this would hopefully put a stop in whatever weird-ass flirting the two were getting into.

With no hesitation, Carlos opened their dorm door. Like always, the large 3D printer sat in the center console, their two beds behind it, and the couch and desks on the other side. The room was slightly messy, but overall not to bad.