Chapter 1

A special thank you to Lurkerbelow for giving me a great idea so I could keep this story going because I was lost on how to start it. Hope you all like it!

(Narrator's POV)

*So that's what I think, Steven. I know you've been through a lot, but I think leaving mere months after a massive mental breakdown wouldn't be the best idea. My advice is you postpone your travel plans at least for now. The best place for you now is at home with your family and loved ones.*

"Alright. I get what you mean. And I understand. Maybe leaving wouldn't be the best thing right now. I'm sure my family will be happy that I'm staying home." Steven replied.

*I'm sure Connie will be happy too. Speaking of her, how are things with you two? From what I can gather, you two are dating, correct? I'm not going to tell you who you should and shouldn't love, but she's been the source of much of your stress. I just don't want you to be in a relationship with someone who's been a such a huge trigger for you. It could very well cause you to relapse.*

"*sighs* I know. Connie's put me through so much stress. I just never said it to her because I love her. I feel like...*sighs* I feel like she doesn't get what I've had to deal with. She got mad at me for a choice I was forced to make and has made me feel pressured to impress her. Just...so much." Steven replied with a groan.

*Well, what I recommend is this: If you truly want to make this work with her, then you have to be honest with her. What you're telling me is what you need to tell her. You need to set things straight with her if you want this relationship between you two to work.*

"Alright. I'll talk to her and be honest with her. Thanks. I'll talk to you in the next session." Steven said as he ended his video session with his therapist. Maybe it was high time he was upfront with Connie about how he felt and how much she stressed him out.

"Gaah!" A voice exclaimed as Steven opened the door and shook his head with a chuckle as he saw Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl now in a heap on the floor.

"Have you 3 been listening the whole time?" Steven asked as the Gems looked at the ground like children awaiting punishment as Steven just chuckled, which led them all to start smiling and chuckling as well.

"OK. You caught us. And I'll be the first to say it: I'm glad you're staying home." Garnet said with a smile as Steven chuckled even more.

"What would I do without you 3? I'd cry myself to sleep without you." The hybrid said as the 3 Gems wrapped him a hug and Garnet planted a kiss on his head.

Steven was staying home and they couldn't be happier.

What do you guys think so far? Next part, we visit Connie. See ya next chapter!

mama_kurogiri

The_Lovely_Starlight

EndieStories

katlady1