{10}

"What did you think of the movie?" asked Charlie as they walked into the kitchen after seeing it.

"It was a good movie, but there's no way that it could beat the other one. Not a lot of movies can make me cry as that one did..."

"Sure," said Charlie sarcastically, making Finn pout and himself laugh.

"I'm serious. Plus, I saw you cry. And that's definitely a first," said Finn, an almost accusing tone in his voice. Then he opened a cupboard and pulled out some chips. "Want some?"

Charlie nodded and took some from the already-opened packet of chips. "But yeah, that was a good movie. I might even say it was an excellent one..."

The boy just laughed at Charlie's words. To Finn, it was strange to see that a straight guy could enjoy a gay film. He was happy that Charlie did enjoy it, but it still appeared strange to him. Because any other boy he knew would just laugh at them or cringe when they kissed. But that also brought him to a question, a question he wasn't yet ready to ask or receive an answer to.

"What do you want to do now?" asked Finneas, sensing that eating chips throughout the entire night might not be the best way to spend it. Or healthy, for that matter.

"Maybe we could play console games? You know, like in the good old days," said Charlie, trying to make his proposition seem less childish than it was in reality.

"Sure, that's a cool idea."

"So, any games you want to play?" asked Charlie.

Finn told him a few of his favorites, then stopped when he realized he had made a mistake.

"Isn't that game supposed to come out in, like, three months?" asked Charlie, and he didn't know just how right he was.

"Yeah, I was thinking of some other game and accidentally said that one," tried to explain Finn. It was a lie, of course. He had played that game for hours the day before graduation and on many others along with it.

"I think I just want to play something classic. Like Mario Party 8 or something."

Finn nodded, still in shock as to how he almost gave away everything he was trying to hide since the second first day of senior year. "Mario Party 8 is a classic. Let me just go set that up, while you wait here. The basement is a mess..."

"I forgot you had all your video games in the basement. That was the smartest move of the lifetime. Your dad moving them all downstairs."

Finn nodded, then went downstairs to actually get some things ready.

He hid the blue diary that he hid there, knowing that his mom could never find it there, and tried to remove the dust from a few things, which didn't seem to work that well.

Finneas held the controller in his hands and sat down on the old couch that had been in there for years that were too many to count.

"Charlie, you can come here now!" he shouted, ready to play some games.