21- Putting it all together

Namjoon's POV

We are eating lunch as my manager walks in. He waves at us telling us to finish before talking about this. We eat as much as we can, having evidently lost our appetite due to today's events.

We all sit on the couches as manager-nim starts
"Ms Ayanna... As you can see we're in a bit of a mess right now, and we would like to ask your full cooperation in this matter"

I give her hand a reassuring squeeze

There's no way I'm letting her go

She smiles as she says" Yes, of course"

"We have decided that since you're an artist and designer, we would like to hire you, as a part of the album concept development team for now. That way we can throw off the negative press and rumours. You and Namjoon have come here to look for some inspiration and insight for now. This won't be just a story, as we need to actually show results, so this will be an actual job. We'll shortly send you the contract. Is that fine?"

Her POV

I just sit there, trying to process everything

"Ms Ayanna? Would you be willing? This seems to be the best possible approach for as little damage as possible-"

"Ye- yes it sounds fine. But, um it may sound silly, but it's not really fair is it... Me getting a job out of this. It just doesn't feel right."

"When we were brainstorming ideas on how to fix this, we personally showed your work to the staff and PD- nim and everyone agreed that if they knew you were out there, they would've hired you in a heartbeat. It's based on your merit too, this offer, it's not just a cover up."

Namjoon's grinning looking at me as I'm trying to figure out how to respond to that.

"I told you you were amazing"

I shake my head, muttering a thank you for all the compliments before Namjoon pulls me next to him as the manager goes to settle down for now and contact the offices about the contract and details.

"It looks like we'll get out of this fine after all" he says

It does look like that doesn't it.

I smile as I bury my head in his shirt.

I decide to open my messages. The girls were completely losing it at this point.

"Umm Namjoon..."

"Hmm?"

I sit up straighter as I look at him

"Can I tell my friends about us? Just the three of them. I would trust them with my life and I swear to god they can keep secrets."

"I mean I've told the guys about you, and yes it's not the same I know, but if you can trust them, I don't really see the problem"

I make the girls basically take a blood oath before I send the picture that me and Namjoon took at the ice cream place. I let them calm down, explaining as much as I can before putting the phone down, telling them I'll call them soon.

"You obviously know a lot more about my guys than I do about your girls, do tell me something about them" he says, turning to me.

"Well... We all met in high school, we cried over math and physics together, we went through the struggles of University together even though we were doing different things and we're basically each other's therapists at various points. I don't know how we got so close, but I'm guessing it was the mutual struggles. They got into BTS before me and wanted to drag me down too-"

He laughs at this, playfully punching my arm as he says "-do you know how ironic that is-"

"-Tell me about it" I add laughing before continuing "but I got into kpop later on. My solace of sorts. Individual details... Kiara is most like me, so we ended up fighting sometimes too but since she's so much like me, we understand each other best too, Evelyn's the smartest dumb person you'll meet, like she lacks basic common sense at times but oh gosh is she so smart and amazing, Vienna's our ball of sunshine. She never fails to make us smile, is the one we all go for advice cause she's so level headed, and is the one that keeps me and Kiara grounded when we start losing it. They're a weird bunch, but they're my weird bunch, you know?" I end with a chuckle.

"Ahh us with our weird bunches of friends" he says, laughing softly "oh, we have 8 days left here don't we?... We won't get to go out as often though"

"That fine... I got something better than sightseeing", I say looking at him with a grin

"Aish, now who's being cringy?!" He says with mock annoyance.

I kiss him to shut him up and he looks at me with big eyes.

"I should do that more often" he says

....

It takes me two days to get settled. The notice went up a few hours on that day and most of the people were convinced but that didn't stop the obvious death threats and rubbish from the crazy fans. I was assigned a social media manager and most of the work was done by them.

PD nim seemed to understand the situation and he took it surprisingly well, probably because he didn't want to loose Namjoon after he made a declaration of his decision to stick with me, which led to all six of them to make a declaration too, that Bangtan wasn't bangtan without even a single one of them. I was so grateful. I don't think I could ever repay them.

We actually had meetings online just to brief me on the work and the album concept and everything. So far it seemed to work out well. They actually seem to appreciate my inputs but I don't really know. I push myself to work harder, to be actually worthy of the job I had been given, which led to Namjoon yelling at me to sleep.

"This is like Yoongi hyung all over again! Don't ruin your sleep schedule!"

He'd had enough by the third day.

"We're going out today! He says, pulling the laptop from my hands, causing me to huff in complaint.
He gives me a kiss on my forehead which made me stop.

"Ohh Ayanna... You can't blush like THAT all the time!" He says laughing "you need to get used to it now!"

"I don't think I ever will..."

....

We go out to a park, with security following us at a discrete distance. I'm on the edge the entire time

How do you get used to this?

Namjoon holds my hands and smiles through the mask as we make our way to an isolated corner of the park. And we both stare at the trees in contentment, leaning against each other.

Until Namjoon's phone starts ringing.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Please vote and comment! It really makes my day when I see people reading and interacting with the book! I love each comment and insight y'all give...

-M