XIV - Evidences

“So… What do you think?” Travis asked.

The pieces of evidence are right in front of me, but I couldn’t even react or defend myself. The documents that they gathered are really pointing for me, and the only thing that can get me away from this allegation is about me being a new player.

To be honest, I don’t really know anything about this game. All I can feel is I am being framed-up.

DANIMA was based from Aristotle’s study, and it exhibits the theory where the soul is considered to manifest our ideal self. And as the top student of the College of Arts and Science, I became their only suspect to be the mastermind behind this devious game. Though the use of the soul in DANIMA is quite different from the main one, in this game, the soul is an ability that makes us extraordinary.

“But… I just learned—”

“But you know what, based on my researchers. Some guilds are pointing to Austin as the game master… Simply, because of the new event.” My brow automatically raised because of what he said.

Austin isn’t someone who was the wits when it comes to psychology nor programming. But if their only evidence against him is because of the upcoming event, it has so many holes.

Malanding tao si Austin pero masyadong obvious naman kung gagamitin n’ya ang DANIMA para makalandi s’ya. Siguro maniniwala akong s’ya ang tao sa likod nito kung may ‘Make-out with your partner’ na rule.

“Ang daming holes ‘di ba? At isa pa, parang hindi naman mag-aabala si Austin na gumawa ng laro para lang makalandi s’ya,” natatawang sabi n’ya. Bigla siyang bumunot ng isang papel mula sa envelope at pinakita iyon sa akin, “Look. This event was held months ago.”

I curiously looked at the photographs, “How did you get these?” I asked. The title of the event was ‘Dungeon of Drakona,’ but what amazed me was the luxurious event hall. The design was polished and detailed, as if it took a lot of time to finish it.

“Most of the pieces of evidence are pointing out the Zodiacs even the smallest details about DANIMA. Pero naisip ko rin na hindi pipilitin ni Hunter na gumawa ng guild at maglaro nito kung alam n’ya ang Phantasia. Hindi ko rin alam kung isa sa sa Zodiacs ang may pakana nito o may isang nag-feframe up sa inyong lahat.

“Someone who knows us…”

Parehas kaming nagkatinginan ni Travis, “Mr. Montano!” sabag naming sigaw.

“Pero… Does it actually make sense? Kahit anino n’ya ay hindi makita rito ngayon,” sambit ko. Parehas kaming napabuntong-hininga na lamang at muling tiningnan ang mga papel sa harap, “Do you even have any idea what Phantasia is?”

“Nope.”

“Tangina. Ba’t ka pa naglalaro nito?”

Travis shrugged, “Unraveling mysteries are always fun.”

What a stupid homo.

“Speaking of DANIMA. You told me that you went to the Regulus’ turf, right?” He asked, and I nodded, “The reason why I was making fun of you last time is that Hunter’s know that you’re not a part of any guild. Just freaking remember the rule, moron.”